180 Gallon Start Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MississippiFishGuy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so me and my dad have had our 90 gallon salt water tank for about a year now and we finally decided to get something bigger. We bought the tank from a lady for just 24 dollars. All we had to do is pick it up, clean it, and reseal it. We built a stand for it I was actually surprised on how good it turned out. We have had a few set backs though. The balance for our light stopped working and we lost the nuts for the over flow pumps. We working on getting new ones now. But I will keep updating on the tanks status and posting pictures.

Attachments

• image-1390478608.jpg
    image-1390478608.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 109
nice i remember my 180 from years past really upset me to have to tear it down good luck with the build its going to be alot of fun im looking for a bigger tank now 120g+ just waiting for the right craigslist deal to come along

A good tank size is a custom 180 gallon that is 96x24x18. I have to build it myself tho because I could only afford the acrylic pieces which were 400. Luckily my friend builds tanks so he said he could do it for me.

Im planning on getting the pieces and tank together in the summer because I have lots of schoolwork ahead of me.

Ibrahim said:
A good tank size is a custom 180 gallon that is 96x24x18. I have to build it myself tho because I could only afford the acrylic pieces which were 400. Luckily my friend builds tanks so he said he could do it for me.

My dad knows the exact measurements but all I know is that it is 6 feet long

Back
Top Bottom