180-Gallon Upgrade Starts NOW!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) I'll have to put that on a t-shirt..."Got Frags?" I'll have to add a Fishy line to my webstore when I get it running, lol

But just think 99% of the people out there will wonder what the heck "got frags" means... but then again, who cares, right

Thats some pretty outstanding growth on the Bonsai. They are one of my favorite.
Also, in photoshop if you hit Ctrl+L it brings up a balance menu, you use the eye droppers to set your whitest white, then your darkest black. It's pretty outstanding how big of a difference it makes. When i take pictures for studio I include a card of pure white and black next to whatever to make it easy. Then you can also adjust the blue balance and they end up looking really nice.

I am going to try out some Chalice. I the only 2 I have tried before both melted away on me. Here is my Watermelon Chalice I got today, purple with yellow mouth and green rim.

No Flash.... I need to try the advice from the post above and see if it helps look more like what I see in person

img_1126933_0_183974da6bc7e08389e96bf0e21c27f4.jpg

With Flash
img_1126933_1_8e9bcd1f20bd9f6be43fb385f5bcd7db.jpg

Haha i was just rereading this because you mentioned it in chat. I was going to post demanding updates, but as usual, you were 1 min ahead of me. How is the 20K lokani doing? i just was eyeing that up about 15 pages ago :p
We should swap some frags if i can get some decent growth outta these by the end of the summer. You have a lot of tyree that looks really nice.

Haha i was just rereading this because you mentioned it in chat. I was going to post demanding updates, but as usual, you were 1 min ahead of me. How is the 20K lokani doing? i just was eyeing that up about 15 pages ago :p
We should swap some frags if i can get some decent growth outta these by the end of the summer. You have a lot of tyree that looks really nice.

The Lokani is growing sooooo sloooow for me. Thats why I haven't posted anymore pics of it. I should post an updated ORA Hawkins, that one browned out and didnt grow for awhile, but it is looking good and growing now. I'd be cool with swapping frags, it would just be tough to arrange.

The Lokani is growing sooooo sloooow for me. Thats why I haven't posted anymore pics of it. I should post an updated ORA Hawkins, that one browned out and didnt grow for awhile, but it is looking good and growing now. I'd be cool with swapping frags, it would just be tough to arrange.

Yea i suppose it would. You ever get to Cincinnati for business?

I love this thread because of all the before and after pictures. I would love to see your hawkins, curious how yours grew out.

Yea i suppose it would. You ever get to Cincinnati for business?

I love this thread because of all the before and after pictures. I would love to see your hawkins, curious how yours grew out.

No, I've only been to the airport in Cincinnati...and that may have actually been Kentucky. Or is it the other way around

I will try to get a pic of the Hawkins after work today.

No, you had it right. I'll have to see what i get outta these new frags by September when i leave. I'd like to see it, is it a fast grower for you? Ziggy said his grew 10x in one year.

No, you had it right. I'll have to see what i get outta these new frags by September when i leave. I'd like to see it, is it a fast grower for you? Ziggy said his grew 10x in one year.

When it browned out on my it stopped growing completely. But it is doing ok now not quite as fast as Ziggy's. I have mine in lower light, it may grow faster in more light.

When I got it
ORA Hawkins
img_1127387_0_9ce3db414491223d0e10ac4ac853bf56.jpg

Tonight
img_1127387_1_e115dc37cad731deaa0a671256ff9352.jpg

The hawkins looks like it is doing very well. Mine grew like made and I could never explain why exactly. Jimbo is correct it was about 10x larger than it was when I got it at the end of my tank.

I love that sunset. It along with the pokerstar and rainbow are among my favorites!

Yea, i was kinda mad. I have a nice Canon SLR camera, but my moms new hundred something point and shoot takes nicer macro shots then i can. I have been meaning to get a macro lens, but they are so ****ed expensive, its hard to bring myself to do it.

The hawkins looks like it is doing very well. Mine grew like made and I could never explain why exactly. Jimbo is correct it was about 10x larger than it was when I got it at the end of my tank.

I love that sunset. It along with the pokerstar and rainbow are among my favorites!

Thanks Ziggy. What tank placement did you have your Hawkins? I am keeping my eye out for a pokerstar or rainbow. I have one piece of Tonga brach which I think would look cool encrusted with one of those montis.

Last edited:
Yea, i was kinda mad. I have a nice Canon SLR camera, but my moms new hundred something point and shoot takes nicer macro shots then i can. I have been meaning to get a macro lens, but they are so ****ed expensive, its hard to bring myself to do it.

Yep, I am using the Canon SLR XSI with the lens it came with. I desperately need the macro lense for this camera.

Do you have a tripod? Im sure you'll get much better pics if you set it on a 2-sec timer and not have your finger move the camera when you click. not sure Macro lens is a good way to go as they need to be rather close to the object and well. ou can with a glass/acrylic panel in the way.

Back
Top Bottom