180-Gallon Upgrade Starts NOW!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear about the problems. Just another reason why I'm a firm believer in qt for all fish before they are put in the display.

I did QT every single fish and dip every single coral since I did the hyposalinity treatment almost 2-years ago. Things were looking just fine for a long time. I guess this would go to show if you want to be truly ich free, QT everything wet.

I got an awesome present for my first fathers day(thanks to the wife). Another Vortech MP40W to put on the other side of my tank. No more Maxi-Jet Mods now. I didn't bother taking a picture of it since I took a picture of the first one I got.
In the meantime, I am just waiting for the tank to remain fallow for about a month more.
I have also decided to add a copperband to the fish list. I am sick of dealing with aiptasia so hopefully this fish will help me fight it off.

Nice present!

Thanks! I really didn't want so much money spent on me for fathers day, but I definitely got to appreciate the wife on this one. She got me something I wanted down the road and its one more thing I can cross of my list of upgrades for the tank.

I finally added fish into my tank. I purchased all of the fish from liveaquaria. I got:

A big Australian Copperband Butterfly
Desjardini Sailfin Tang
2x O. Clownfish
Golden Wrasse.

So far everything is looking good. I will post pics soon.

would you ever consider putting an arch between those two piles of rock?

Probably not, I like having 2-islands. However, years down the road if I run out of space and I can obtain more real estate by doing so, then I would consider it. The arc is a good idea though, that would be pretty cool to build one that goes across only on the back half of the tank leaving the beach up front exposed to full light.

Here are some pictures of the new fish, a picture of my LE pink lemonade frag ( I wanted to compare it to the last pic I took of it) and a whole tank picture. I have not purchased coral in a long time, but I am going to start buying again soon. Right now I am also in the market for a good cone skimmer and a pair of Radium Halide bulbs. Pictures posted below.

Last edited:
Your links are a.. pretty.. messed up there lol. Might want to fix that.

Ya they are pretty bumed out. Try using tinypic.com That place has no limits or accounts or whatever so you can just upload, link, and enjoy lol.

OK I THINK I GOT IT NOW.... HERE IS THE RED SEA SAILFIN AND THE COPPERBAND PEEKING OUT IN THE BACKGROUND
img_1015779_0_ef003ba5ed4e50526767a53439dac435.jpg

Yeah thats an awesome tank. Awesome scaping. I like the rockwork alot. Kudos to the work you put into that tank. Its awesome.

Back
Top Bottom