180G reef build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My tank is pretty deep so I'm using LED's... but we will see if they can grow coral at the lower levels.

Subscribed :popcorn:

yours is what 39" deep?

i've done a bit of research on LEDs and it shows that they don't really penetrate the water as deep as T5s or halides. they produce alot at the surface but it drops rapidly as the light passes deeper. i don't know how many LEDs you've used or what degree of lenses so i don't know how deep you're fixture is able to go but if you can find a PAR meter soemwhere i would really love to see what type of readings you will get

I found a used Nova pro series for a 6 foot tank for 250 in tampa, I haggled the guy. I am waiting until I verify it will provide adequate lighting before I go pick it up.

that might be the one carey was looking at trading for :p

yea i was thinking about it last night of what i was gonna do with all my old equipment when i setup the new tank its just easier to sell it all together

i doubt it would be easier. if you were using a power filter or canister, you could always sell its as a FW setup, most people go with FW over marine.

just move all your LR and substrate in your larger systems and seed it

Carey the reputation of Odyssea MH catching fire is from years ago.You can take the Coralife name tag off their fixture and compare it to an Odyssea and you won't be able to tell the difference .

Yea thats why i said i would do some research first before i ordered it im not going to place the order for lights for a few days while i figure out which one i want

Carey the reputation of Odyssea MH catching fire is from years ago.You can take the Coralife name tag off their fixture and compare it to an Odyssea and you won't be able to tell the difference .

I don't know about the MH fixtures but I currently own 2 of their t5 setups. One is an awesome fully loaded unit from years ago and one is from more recent stock. I am a huge supporter of odyssea, in T5.....I think it's still too early to tell about the MH ones. I am really really cheap btw, and I wouldn't chance it if that's any indication.
LOL

now i gotta find a good deal on some dry rock if anyone has any links please share

reefcleaners has 50lbs for $85 shipped. Thats where I'm gonna get mine

Which sump did you go with?

:)

reefcleaners has 50lbs for $85 shipped. Thats where I'm gonna get mine

:)

so i'll need probably nearly 200 lbs of rock total or more so maybe get 150 lbs from there and the rest in Lr

now today or tomorrow im going to be ordering a pump for the sump and a powerheads any ideas on what type powerheads your going to be using?

Back
Top Bottom