1st annual Aquarium Advice Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna make a cake. Hope that's cool!

Bummer about the weather, things do not look promising, I'm afraid... :?

Have to see how the wather turns out indeed. We can do it inside thats not big deal. We dont have a ton of folks comming so we should be able to house everyone in our large basement room.

Gonna be slaving like a dog cleaning up though.

Ice, drinks, potato salid, mac salid, or other assorted cookout types of foods will be welcome. And yes a cake would be nice. Anything we find we are missing can be picked up real quick at one of the two grocery stores no more than a mile away.

Sorry I missed you kids. I just returned home from the Williamsburg area. It was a beautiful trip and I even had a great job interview with a high tech company near Richmond. I plan on moving out by next summer in the least, but Infineon Technology may move me out as soon as two weeks if they extend me an offer. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I wish I could have been there for the meet!! I got to see some incredible countryside there and I cant wait to get back! I got a nice sunburn in Va. Beach, rode a Ferry up the James River and saw Colonial Williamsburg. The in-laws live just a few short blocks from Colonial Williamsburg off of Jamestown Road. What a great area to raise my family. Hope you all have fun! See you soon.

Youronlysin- Williamsburg area is a wonderful area to raise a family, no question! You gotta check out Jamestown, too - that's where it all started.

Did you know that Richmond has the only Class 5 white water rapids in a metropolitan area? Who can resist that? :wink:

Good luck with the new job :D We'll have to organize an aquarium club - I am surrounded by salties here and am anxious to get some regular meetings going.

NOOOOOO! :cry: I can't be there! But I wish I could. You all have a GREAT time, and maybe I'll have a chance to meet you again. :puppydogeyes: (hoping)

Sorry - that's class 4!!
The Downtown section of the "lower James" is the class IV, but I don't know how close to Hollywood that is - I have a buddy who works for rec and parks and runs the tours. Still pretty cool - whitewater rafting with a city skyline right behind you.

i'm soo jealous!! i wish i was up north with all "you's guys". Have a blast and fill the rest of us in on how things went! take lotsa pics and post them!!

Please take photos of the 1st annual AA Metting and post them in a gallery all their own, fishfreek and reefrunner69! I am so disappointed that I can't go. Seeing pictures would help those of us who can't be there kind of have a part in knowing what went on. :mrgreen:

Im looking at the weather right now. SO far most of the rain has been diverted around us. Sometimes living in a valley is good. :mrgreen:

Looking at the radar honestly it looks like the rain will continue to stay to the east of us. We of course have a contengency plan to be inside. But would much prefer to be outside. If the weather holds off it will be a cool day in the 60's with some light to med wind.

Sounds good to me - looking forward to an afternoon talkin' fish! Cake's cooling on the rack as we speak.

Well, how did it go?
Did ya'll have fun?

Sure wish I could have been there.
I really think I should get more then one vacation a year... :cry: :cry:

I would like to thank fishfreek and his wife for hosting the gathering and inviting us into their home. I had a great time! It was a pleasure to meet Tank Girl and her family. Really nice people! Tank Girl, I'm sorry, but I think that I horked your supply of Fresca. I found it in the tub of ice after I got home. I must admit it does have "A Refreshingly Crisp Citrus Taste" I would also like to thank fishfreek for the Xenia frags. I hope everyone made it home safely! And thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom