1st annual Aquarium Advice Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'd just like to thank Fishfreek and family for hosting the party, in spite of the bad weather keeping a lot of folks away - the baby is just adorable and the pictures do not do her justice!

I certainly enjoyed seeing all of Aaron's corals and I learned a lot talking to the salties! It was a pleasure meeting and talking to bound_for_obx, and I got to stop by Shane's house and check out his setup, a 90gal with a 55 sump in the basement. It is for sale and I don't think I'm ready for that but I just about have my father-in-law talked into it, since he used to keep a SW setup years ago.

I hate to break it to everyone........but....... there are no pictures! My digicam is actually my husband's work camera and he doesn't like to travel with it, so there is nothing to show! Don't kill me.... :oops:

Hopefully next year we won't have a hurricane bearing down on us, LOL, but it is really cool to get together with fellow AA members and chat - hubby and kids had a good time, too, and I don't think the kids trashed the place too bad!

Wow!!!! Im just now finished reading all 13 pages. I LOVE the north florida idea. I live in Atlanta so that works out great! Or maybe one in Georgia........ :D

Glad you guys had fun though. :D

cheezysquirrelz,
I think one in N. Florida would be awesome also! I would like to point this out to you that there will a gathering in October in Evensville, Tennessee. FishFreak attending in January, and had a great time. It's held every 3 months, & I have been attending every 6 months. It's a great time for all, and AA members are certainly welcome!

http://www.aquaria.info/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=27460

The more gatherings we have, the more fish folks you can meet :wink:

I didnt take any either. I didnt think about it till it was over.

When would you all like to plan the second annual gathering? Maybe we should make someone in charge of orginizing it :?:

maybe next summer? what would be the best time for people with kids in school/camp to have this?

I think georgia would be best because its in the middle of Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, etc. If it was in florida, ppl in states bordering georgia would have a longer drive. I mean most everyone around Georgia(excluding florida) would all have to drive several hours to get through georgia to florida. Georgia is a good central area for everyone in the south east.

good one cheezysquirrelz, I'll support your idea for Georgia or Florida :D hell I'll even supply the yard if it turns out to be a Georgia one. I live about 45 miles north of Atlanta.. I was so planning on being at fishfreeks gathering but then the finances tok a serious dump and had to withdraw. Glad you guys had fun, would have really like to have met alot of you specially the ones that always seem to give me advice when I screw something up :roll:

LOL, My house is too small!!!! I would like to show off my tanks though......... :wink: We could meet at that big Centennial Park place or something.......

I'll shine up the grill, mow the big back yard and even clear some of the sticks in the creek that runs through my backyard.........how ya like your burgers?? :D

Anytime between tomorrow and next summer works for me :D make something happen cheezysquirrelz. My house ain't huge but I do have a big backyardand a creek but anyone who knows Georgia knows our creeks aren't much to write about :( usually icky brown water

if you do it in georgia can we do the spare tire toss???? or.. or the find the missing mustang gt parts game?? huh?? huh?? can we can we???!!! cherokee county representin' lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom