1st ever fish tank !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jr2306

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello.... I'm new to this hoppy i just recently got a nice looking 30gl fish tank with twoFishes a pleco ... Its about 5 inches long ... Ive never owned a fish tank ..
I would really appreciate any pointer and advice on how to maintain a nice clean looking fish tank ... I would also like to add that it was givin to me for free and it came with all these Ph solutions and testers and cleaners etc... What should I do first ?? Help lol

If its a common pleco return it they need a much larger tank. Try going to livesquaria.com and browse for fish that'll fit your size tank

Welcome! I think the other people have covered your questions ! Just came to say hi!

Mrc8858 said:
Also have you cycled this tank?

Well I'm tell you what i have done so far. As soon as i got the tank I drained the water and took out the gravel into a bucket I gave the tank a good cleaning and even scrapped some of the white build up it wasn't much, but I did it any way I cleaned all the decorations with warm water ( no chemicals were used in all the cleaning process . So then I clean the pumps and filters and also cleaned the over flow . Which is we're the water falls down from right ? Lol i really want to get to hoppy so like I said any help would help lol. So I'm concerned about the pleco after reading online a little about them I realized that I had cleaned the tank to much and cleaned all the algae so I'm wondering what should i do to maintain that fish helathy an get him food ...

Samzter said:
Welcome! I think the other people have covered your questions ! Just came to say hi!

Hi I do have one thou maybe u can help ... It's about the test levels .. According to my testing my
(NO3) is 0ppm
(NO2) is 0ppm
Ammonia (NH3/NH4 read also 0ppm

I'm wondering if I did it right ??? These test seem to me like I missed something? what should those leveled be at ??

Well ammonia is correct , then nitrites should be 0ppm and then nitrates should be 0-20 ppm. If all your tests are correct your levels are amazing!!

Samzter said:
Well ammonia is correct , then nitrites should be 0ppm and then nitrates should be 0-20 ppm. If all your tests are correct your levels are amazing!!

Well I should have mentioned I have only had this tank for about a week ... Never had one before it was given to me with two fishes a pleco and some other fish .. My tank still looks a little cloudy. But I tested them twice and according to the color chart those are my measurements .. So hopefully I'm doing right rather then wrong and my ph is about 7.2

Back
Top Bottom