1st Fish Aquarium Owner MULTIPLE Questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah sorry about the confusion what I meant to imply was that I did a 50% water change and im starting it. I read up on the cycle and ill probably do 25% wc every other day. Thanks for all the advice guys. Moved in with my girlfriend of a year after being single for 7. My whole apartment is literally all girled out. I mean come on, I now have a Hello Kitty bathroom :( and this fish tank is all I got that tells everyone... "Hey even though it doesnt look like it, there is a guy living here" So thanks for the help ill post pictures once it gets better and fully stocked.

25% water changes will very likely be insufficient on a cycling tank. I would do 50% as the bare minimum.

I'll just throw in my own two-cents. I've only done two Fish-In cycles, but they both took approx. 30 days (even with "quick start" products). There was a span of a 7-10 days in the second half where I was doing two 50% PWCs a day in order to keep the Nitrite spikes under control. Just want you to be prepared.

This is what i use to condition. Also the easy balance bottle... Should i use it too?

Attachments

• image-2235229483.jpg
    image-2235229483.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 57
  • image-1690875948.jpg
    image-1690875948.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image-1000375027.jpg
    image-1000375027.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 55
Agreed. If your new, though, I highly recommend buying water from your LFS. Absolutely the best way to maintain consistency IMO.

Put the goldfish with the axolotl in a desperate cold water tank

Back
Top Bottom