1x3 triple cube aquascape concept

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. I am strongly considering removing the DW from the side tanks, or replacing them with something less robust. It is quite dificult to manage cleaning the filter or reach the plants behind the DW.

I also haven't addressed the tank on the left. It is still the only cycled tank, so I have no place for my betta.

On a positive note, I decided that I will be breeding bettas: got a set of stands for my garage, 3 10 gallon tanks, a 39 gallon breeder, filtration, heater and lights. Just need the individual jars for the males once they go territorial/aggressive. Not sure how I feel about shipping, but soon you guys will have something to look at:)

Thank you. I am strongly considering removing the DW from the side tanks, or replacing them with something less robust. It is quite dificult to manage cleaning the filter or reach the plants behind the DW.

I also haven't addressed the tank on the left. It is still the only cycled tank, so I have no place for my betta.

On a positive note, I decided that I will be breeding bettas: got a set of stands for my garage, 3 10 gallon tanks, a 39 gallon breeder, filtration, heater and lights. Just need the individual jars for the males once they go territorial/aggressive. Not sure how I feel about shipping, but soon you guys will have something to look at:)

I'm working on getting a breeding setup going, too. If you find a good deal on jars let me know!

I saw empty mason jars at Tom Thumb(a grocery store) the other day, want to say they were like $9 for 12 but I can't remember exactly

Looking good! I can't wait to purchase my betta!

Let me know if you need help with selection. With patience, you can get one from PetCo for 12.99 that will look like a $30 +$43shipping.

I personally avoid the veil tails, the blues with reds and the crowntails, since they are dominant genes and quite common. Blues with white, blues with black, any variation of the greens are really nice, and if you can get anything with yellows, go for it!

Hmm, mine is a red, blue, black and grey Crowntail, so you wouldn't want him :lol:
I would like a breeding pair of halfmoons or double tails or something.

Where did you get your betta?

Let me know if you need help with selection. With patience, you can get one from PetCo for 12.99 that will look like a $30 +$43shipping.

I personally avoid the veil tails, the blues with reds and the crowntails, since they are dominant genes and quite common. Blues with white, blues with black, any variation of the greens are really nice, and if you can get anything with yellows, go for it!

Actually I want a crowntail, haven't decided on the color yet though. I won't be breeding my little buddy so the dominant colors really doesn't matter for me. I will definitely have to check petco out. Too bad the closest one is 30 minutes away.

I strongly recommend the 1 hour drive round trip. If you want crowntails, you will be surprised with what Segrest farm has to offer (PetCo buys from Segrest).

I found someone on aquabid that has dwarf cories, which I cannot find locally. The seller also has crowntails. Shipping the crowntail will not add any shipping cost, so hopefully he has some nice ones to show me.

I found someone on aquabid that has dwarf cories, which I cannot find locally. The seller also has crowntails. Shipping the crowntail will not add any shipping cost, so hopefully he has some nice ones to show me.

Well that works out great! I hope he has some nice crowntails for you to choose from. I've seen some really nice ones on aquabid. But as for Segrest Farms, they do have some awesome bettas available. My LFS gets their fish from there too, and I've seen some incredible bettas there.

Weekly update:

Ammonia levels still shooting off scale. All plants doing well except the dwarf hairgrass. It is bot the soft type (parvula), so sooner or later it will be replaced by the proper species. Anyhow, these are showing no signs of development, they are curving and showing yellowing. Everything else seems to thrive.

Attachments

• image-1389676362.jpg
    image-1389676362.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 79
On the betta breeding side project, nothing like being friends with batenders...9 down, 91 to go.

Attachments

• image-2784617520.jpg
    image-2784617520.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom