2 platy fish shimmying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roman04

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, this is my first post here, but I'm not new to fishkeeping. I know about the nitrogen cycle and other parameters we monitor such as ph, gh, kh, tds, etc. I have treated lots of illness (columnaris, ich, and camallanus worms) successfully, but my problem this time really has me stumped.

Here's a background for more information, skip to the next paragraph for the main conflict. So I picked up two platys at my LFS, and put them into quarantine. My quarantine procedure is 3 courses of levamisole (for nematodes) and 3 courses of prazipro (for tapeworms and flukes). The platys were thriving for the first couple weeks, but after the last dose of levamisole and prazipro they took a turn for the worse.

They have started shimmying and occasionally flashing and not eating much if at all. I know shimmying is usually the result of either bad water quality or low hardness, but parameters as of right now and have been
0 Ammonia
0 nitrites
10 nitrates
8.2 ph
14 gh
8 kh
The shimmying seems to be on and off, sometimes they will be doing it for most of the day, while others they don't. The flashing happens at least 5 or so times a day (That I see). What could possibly be wrong with them? I will attach a video. I couldn't get them shimmying in the video too much, but I promise it happens. They have lost a lot of weight as well.
https://youtu.be/pCaLWEqI5yU

Back
Top Bottom