2 pregnant rcs need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deeks14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 pregnant Rcs I really want them to hatch out and survive as much as possible listed below is what my tank has. I don't have a second tank that I could separate them into. I do have a guppy live fry netted cube that sits over the edge of the tank.
Should I remove the pregnant shrimp and quarantine them in the netted cube to leave them in the tank and take my chances ?
Any ideas would be great

Have a 100 ltr tank planted
I have 9 glow light tetra
6 harlequin
3 penguin tetra
5 cory
5 otto
2 bamboo shrimp
7 armano
And 6 blue Rcs

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My RCS breed in my community tank but it is extremely heavily planted with masses of moss. Losses are high but the colony is now so large that that's probably just as well. In the early days I tried moving berried shrimp into a safety net but they dropped their eggs, I believe that they do this if stressed. I have never managed to breed them in a net. So the answer depends on your tank set up and the likelihood of your fish picking the babies off. If you do net them try filling half the net with miss to give them security and you might get away with it. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cheers I don't think the tank is planted enough. I have them in the net now with moss the last few days so I'll see how it goes . Thanks I'll let you know

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom