2 weeks and I'm already addicted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jake6986

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just started up my 14 gallon biocube. It has been running for about 2 weeks now. I just put in the LR & LS yesterday. I will post some pictures and let me know what you think! I joined this forum in hope of learning as much as I can about marine aquariums. I live in Arizona and I love the ocean, I like to go to Rocky Point, MX :bandit:when I can. I started my nano reef so I could always have my own peice of the ocean. I would like to hear from you!

Attachments

• IMG_2182.jpg
    IMG_2182.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2183.jpg
    IMG_2183.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 73
Nice looking!

So......

What's the plan? Didja get cured live rock? Cylcing with uncured rock? Been watching the ammonia?

Tell us more, tell us more! :)

Nice looking!

So......

What's the plan? Didja get cured live rock? Cylcing with uncured rock? Been watching the ammonia?

Tell us more, tell us more! :)

I got well cured rock from my LFS they are remodeling so I got what is out of there personal tank. 12 years in there tank. I have a test kit for ammonia nitrates etc... I will test twice a week or so. I have two crabs in that were stowaways in the rock. What do I feed them? I have been putting fish flakes in there I think they are scavaging them up. I plan on getting a clown fish at first and I would like to get an anemone eventually

Get some pellets for the crabs. Not too much at once though. You can likely add your fish fish if that rock was 12 yrs old. Instant cycle! Still, watch the ammonia and nitrates as you add fish add feed more.

Try to save the anenome for 6 - 12 months after you really get the hang of it and can keep the water stable.

Good luck!

Welcome to the site. Sounds like your off to a good start. Is that very top rock Secure??

The top rock is sitting up there but it seams to be pretty secure. It is like a tripod so I think it will be fine. ( I Hope) thanks for the concern.

I would like to move me heater to the back of the biocube and ideas?

New Biobuild pictures

here are my new pics, clown, fire shrimp, anemone, 2 crabs, ? snails (tiny ones)

Attachments

• IMG_2226.jpg
    IMG_2226.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2215.jpg
    IMG_2215.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2221.jpg
    IMG_2221.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 77
I would like to move me heater to the back of the biocube and ideas?

I have the 8 and 29g biocube and I put the heater hidden inside the right-most chamber where the filter pad is. Hope yours fit. I am using Tetra 100W heater.

heater

thanks for the info that is were I stuck mine it seems to be doing a great job

Updated pics!

updates tank with Macaroni (the clown) and fire shrimp. I am in the next step trying to get corals can anyone recommend were I can order them? I have been looking at liveaquaria.com. any reviews on this place? My LFS is pretty new and has a small selection right now. Or specific recommended corrals for stock biocube lighting? I like trumpet corral, open brain, Australian Big Polyp Blastomussa, Pearlberry Acropora Coral nice but probably not enough light?

Attachments

• IMG_2292.jpg
    IMG_2292.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2303.jpg
    IMG_2303.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2300.jpg
    IMG_2300.jpg