20 g long stocking question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rpgmomma8404

Aquarium Advice Activist
Are mollies too big for a 20 g long? I think I've heard that get around five inches but I can't remember.

Any suggestions for stocking?

I think you would be fine with a couple Molly's and maybe a school of tetras

Are mollies too big for a 20 g long? I think I've heard that get around five inches but I can't remember.

Any suggestions for stocking?

I think you are thinking of sail fin mollies which get big. (too big for your tank).
But you can get some standard mollies.
What else are you thinking of putting in the tank with the mollies?

I think you are thinking of sail fin mollies which get big. (too big for your tank).
But you can get some standard mollies.
What else are you thinking of putting in the tank with the mollies?

Thinking about just mollies. One male and four females. Was looking into doing a betta sorority but if things go wrong. I'm not sure if I'll have room for extra tanks. Been considering dwarf gourami's also just don't know about keeping just one or two. Would rather have a breeding pair but they are so difficult to determine their sex at the pet store.

Thinking about just mollies. One male and four females. Was looking into doing a betta sorority but if things go wrong. I'm not sure if I'll have room for extra tanks. Been considering dwarf gourami's also just don't know about keeping just one or two. Would rather have a breeding pair but they are so difficult to determine their sex at the pet store.

You can do the 1 male/ 4 female mollies.
You can also do a dwarf gourami pair but pet stores usually only have males since they're more colorful. But you could always ask for a special order.
Good Luck!

You can do the 1 male/ 4 female mollies.
You can also do a dwarf gourami pair but pet stores usually only have males since they're more colorful. But you could always ask for a special order.
Good Luck!

Thanks!! I needs it, lol. This tank has been sitting here empty since I got it a few months back. :facepalm:

Thanks!! I needs it, lol. This tank has been sitting here empty since I got it a few months back. :facepalm:

No problem!
Dwarf gouramis are sometimes semi aggressive.
Most of the time it's fine but just keep an eye on them when you get them.
There is also a honey gourami that is the same size that you can look into which is a lot more peaceful.
But the choice is yours.
Good luck!

One more thing.
I suggest doing 5 males as you would be swarming with babies while having 4 females.

Back
Top Bottom