20 Gallon Convict Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do agree now that I have done some more research, I would be able upgrade tanks around Christmas time, so could I put some juveniles in a 20 gallon and then move them into a 3ft 40 gallon ? Just thinking of some options!

I will check Craigslist and a couple of other second hand sites as well to see if there are any bigger tanks I can get :)

The tank I have now used to be my brothers until he neglected it so now it's mine and I want to give it a nice fresh start!

Petco had the dollar per gallon sale I just picked up a pair of 20g tanks for fry and ill be going back for a 40g soon for the convicts, it's a great opportunity to upgrade!

Petco had the dollar per gallon sale I just picked up a pair of 20g tanks for fry and ill be going back for a 40g soon for the convicts, it's a great opportunity to upgrade!

What ! I wish we had petco in Australia! Looking around $130 for a 3ft 40 gallon and that's on sale!

For a bare glass tank which is 65liters it's like $70 in Australia wish we could buy from America and get it posted here would save so much money probably haha

For a bare glass tank which is 65liters it's like $70 in Australia wish we could buy from America and get it posted here would save so much money probably haha

Yeah it's pretty outrageous! Anything more than the little goldfish sit-ups they sell in the pet stores you're paying mega $$$ for :(

Yea amazon doesn't ship to Australia I loved it till i went to pay and they said it doesn't ship here :/ yea and them little tanks are really bad to you can't keep anything in them I'm pretty sure there only 5liters it's ridiculous for a tank that's 6x2x2 it's about $2600 and that's before you even consider putting fish in it

Yea amazon doesn't ship to Australia I loved it till i went to pay and they said it doesn't ship here :/ yea and them little tanks are really bad to you can't keep anything in them I'm pretty sure there only 5liters it's ridiculous for a tank that's 6x2x2 it's about $2600 and that's before you even consider putting fish in it

Yeah they're really ****y. It's cheaper to just get the tank and stand with no lid, I know aqua one does some pretty reasonable ones that you can buy from pet barn that have some nice stands with them but they're around $200-$300 which is what I'll probably end up having, or even just one of the tanks who knows depends what my furniture a like in 6 months ;)

Freshwater tank might sound like the go at the moment. Anyone know of any nice and colourful tropical fish?

Yea it sucks if I get a big tank I wanna go a full on reef :) I think some dwarf cichlids would be colourful for your tank or maybe get some Molly's or guppys

Yea it sucks if I get a big tank I wanna go a full on reef :) I think some dwarf cichlids would be colourful for your tank or maybe get some Molly's or guppys

Would Jewel Cichlids Work? Ive done a little bit of research and they seem like they stay pretty small and look like nice little feature fish :) when I was at the LFS I asked how many would suite a 20 Gallon (silly me speaking American terms) and they said around 6-8 Jewels? That seems like a bit many :eek: and they were about $10 a pop.

Otherwise as a cheaper option male guppys do look rather nice.

No worries if you find a really cheap place let me know :) I want a new tank haha shipping to wa would be insane

Don't do jewels I think they need more space than cons honestly.

Back
Top Bottom