20 gallon iwagumi style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tropica is cool too... Especially how they show you how to aquascape.. Those Euros... They sure know their aquarium stuff across the pond! LOL

Truuuee that's where I was gana buy my rock and my dwarf baby tears.

I agree that you're going to be severely disappointed with that light. The double brights just dont have the power to light up a high tech tank. You might have been growing plants under it before, but DHG and HC would have a lot of trouble with it. Also, I would wait till you have your new filter as well. The Marineland Biowheels will suck the CO2 out of the tank something fierce.

I'm going to just set the tank up for now with no plants just do my rockscape for now and wait until I can use the t5s and my canister filter .

I agree that you're going to be severely disappointed with that light. The double brights just dont have the power to light up a high tech tank. You might have been growing plants under it before, but DHG and HC would have a lot of trouble with it. Also, I would wait till you have your new filter as well. The Marineland Biowheels will suck the CO2 out of the tank something fierce.

:agree: I don't really like Marineland stuff anyways...I used to have all Marineland on my last community tank and it all failed and broke after a year...that's when I went to my angel tank

Yea so no plants for now just rock scape. Can I still get the tetras for now

Do you have the stones already for the hardscape? There's some nice pieces being sold on Ebay called Seiryu stone. Dan just got a nice set recently...

No I don't have stone yet I'll look into the stone on eBay. Also What about the Co2 system?

No I don't have stone yet I'll look into the stone on eBay. Also What about the Co2 system?

You want pressurized or DIY? I have a pressurized system, and I would recommend that if you are doing an HC carpet. I got a 5 lb. CO2 tank off of amazon for $50, I got an AquaTek Premium regulator off of eBay for $80, the diffusers, tubing, bubble counters, from GLA- I got their bubble counter with integrated check valve for $20, the atomic diffuser for $30 and tubing for $10 so in total I spent about $200 for a good quality system, and I have it running my 60g and it's going to run my 6g through a manifold and I filled it in October an it is still more than half full

Ok what about DIY because I don't have that much money right now.

Hi guys, I'm trying to do an HC carpet and I haven't had luck with them. I have a 72 gal with Eco complete and pressurized co2. My lighting is a HO T5 6700k and a 10000k sun white. I'm going to buy the true lumen pro led but don't know how many strips I need to carpet the HC.

Also I'm debating on keeping the glass diffuser I have or to buy a reactor. I don't know if the reactor is better for a tank this big.

Hi guys, I'm trying to do an HC carpet and I haven't had luck with them. I have a 72 gal with Eco complete and pressurized co2. My lighting is a HO T5 6700k and a 10000k sun white. I'm going to buy the true lumen pro led but don't know how many strips I need to carpet the HC.

Also I'm debating on keeping the glass diffuser I have or to buy a reactor. I don't know if the reactor is better for a tank this big.

I think that making a new thread with this question would get you more and better answers. I know that Current has a sizing guide on their site for you, tho

Is it possible to use drift wood bc I found a very nice piece bc the canal where I live froze over and I got it.

Attachments

• image-3104535213.jpg
    image-3104535213.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image-1287582411.jpg
    image-1287582411.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 48
  • image-2973023847.jpg
    image-2973023847.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 38
I like that DW! Most iwagumis dont involve any DW tho, just the stones and a small number of plants. But, me and Brian on the other hand have seemed to stray from the pure iwagumi look, and as Brian titled in his build, its Iwagumi 'Inspired' lol. If you want to use it I think it would look cool tho!

Back
Top Bottom