20 gallon Q & A build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It takes them a few tries usually, if it's meant to be they'll make it happen. Or you can set up a grow out and remove eggies;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well for the most part the diatoms/brown algae are just about gone how ever now I'm seeing the beginning of green hair algae. Am I right to assume its due to a co2 deficiency due to the DIY just not cutting it? Im ordering the regulator on the 2nd so I'll have real co2 soon.

GSA/ha is usually due to to ich light and not enough co2

No!!!! Don't leave me as the only build thread person with DIY!

Hopefully all goes good for you though!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No!!!! Don't leave me as the only build thread person with DIY!

Hopefully all goes good for you though!

LOL Sorry man! I just got to. But now I'm trying to figure out if the people having problems with the aqua tech is with the mini or the premium or both.

If I could afford a GLA regulator I would get one. But If used improperly you can still gas out your livestock.
I did DIY for about a year and it was great. But I got into more demanding plants and I needed more consistent CO2. DIY CO2 and a reactor should be a good combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

GSA/ha is usually due to to ich light and not enough co2

Hmm 8 hours at 60% so must be the co2 Man I hope one day I can crank this light...LOL I feel like I have a new car with nitrous but cant use it.

If I could afford a GLA regulator I would get one. But If used improperly you can still gas out your livestock.
I did DIY for about a year and it was great. But I got into more demanding plants and I needed more consistent CO2. DIY CO2 and a reactor should be a good combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think I'm just going to go with the aqua tech premium and if it becomes problematic I'll just move it to another tank I will be starting soon.

I've got that regulator and I like it... Just be aware the needle valve is touchy. Make sure you have a drop checker and set it up over the weekend when you can keep an eye on things.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

I've got that regulator and I like it... Just be aware the needle valve is touchy. Make sure you have a drop checker and set it up over the weekend when you can keep an eye on things.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

I have an Aquatek as well. It's great but it is a bit touchy setting the BPS. Bubble counter and drop checker definitely help. Turn it too much and you have an exploding volcano of co2 in your tank and it not that hard to do.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Well I just did a complete rescape. Moved almost everything. I'm real happy with the root structure on everything I moved even some of the DHG has runners with new shoots. Tanks fairly cloudy and will post before and after pictures before lights out so it clears up some.
The anubias is going to be taken out and moved to a 10 I'm going to set up this weekend for clipping's and will soon be another build for a couple Tetraodon travancoricus.

Awesome! Pics of the new scape? I just moved mine around some too. I've removed half my Repens because I'm about to say the dojo has won the war with them. He's brutally relentless. ?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Awesome! Pics of the new scape? I just moved mine around some too. I've removed half my Repens because I'm about to say the dojo has won the war with them. He's brutally relentless. ?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Star repens should grow a really big root system. Loach shouldn't be able to uproot after they take hold imo

Star repens should grow a really big root system. Loach shouldn't be able to uproot after they take hold imo

Yeah but see there's one problem there. He's not allowing that root system! ? I've came home every day for 4 weeks to 75% of my Repens floating.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Here is before and after. Still cloudy but clearing. For some reason I cant get the camera phone to focus like it has in the past. The only thing I need to do is scrape off the green spot algae that is starting to show on the glass.
And a last shot of the rams.

img_3195452_0_582bb051dab04a9babddd137363eac6d.jpg

After

img_3195452_1_3822111df38d5dc6c9bd3584122dd23d.jpg

The egg eaters!

img_3195452_2_a7a18f94af1e764842c7aae8143adb92.jpg

A couple of the long fin. so far so good.

img_3195452_3_7bbf392bf03b0fda194fe32f82db56df.jpg

img_3195452_4_43d075f0be56d231289430da73dcfdae.jpg

You make me really want those Rams but I know their life span ? tank looking awesome

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

You make me really want those Rams but I know their life span �� tank looking awesome

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

If I can keep him alive Great if not he will be replaced with a regular male.
In the pictures the rescape makes the tank look bare for some reason. Some of the star repens need to be trimmed and planted so I will be doing that this week end. I trimmed the hair grass hoping it will help it spread.

Their lifespan is about 2 years max in the wild, I've had rams live almost 5 years in an aquarium.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was referring to GBR specifically but if you have had those live 5 years I think I need a trip to the LFS soon!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom