20 Gallon stocking ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skenny

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im looking for ideas to stock a well established 20 gallon tank. I want to do a community tank maybe with slightly aggressive fish. some ideas i had were, cories, danios, tetras, and some sort of centerpiece fish. I also want to plant the tank, i have never dealt with plants before so any advice is welcome.

No danios in the tank unless it's a long, then you can try zebra danios. Centerpieces that would do well in there are possibly a GBR, a dwarf cichlid, a dwarf gourami, or there are some oddballs if you want like a pencilfish and/or breeding pair of some of the smaller killies. Almost any of the smaller tetras will do, and cories almost any as well. Plants I would suggest those that are easy like java fern, anubias, hornwort, anacharis, and some crypts.

I would do cories, but maybe the smaller kind such as they dwarf ones. I think that a tank of like 5-6 cories, one maybe two schools of tetra (if doing to make sure that the fish are smaller) and perhaps a dwarf gourami for a centerpiece. Another option instead of one of the schools of tetra you could do like 6 endlers livebearers.
Plants for easy ones there are mosses, ferns, and a few others but I'm still a newbie with plants seeing that I only have xmas moss, guppy grass, amazon fern, and Aponogetons...

german blue rams, double red apistos I think... (thats not spelled right but... yeah)

Ive tried GBRs before, too hard to keep. i do like the look of the double reds.
so would this work? 5 corie cats, 10 CPDs, 8 glowlight tetras (already own) and 2? DR?

ok what about plants, any other tank ideas are welcome.

It depends on your lighting. I'm not very good with determining that, so you should wait for someone else to chime in. However any of the plants I listed would be fine in your tank if you had a decent lighting fixture :)

ok well what other center piece fish could i do? that doesnt dwell on the bottom? i want a very active tank.

ok so now, 5 cories, 10 CPD's, 8 glowlight tetras, dwarf quarami.?

Back
Top Bottom