200g Plywood Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've over engineered this twice over from what the original plan was. My boyfriend is not thrilled about the idea of 200 gallons if water in the living room so he's double my over engineering. xD

I've over engineered this twice over from what the original plan was. My boyfriend is not thrilled about the idea of 200 gallons if water in the living room so he's double my over engineering. xD

LOL it seems like this is backwards, I thought usually the girl was supposed to be the one not thrilled by the guys fish keeping hobby.

I don't know what to believe anymore!

If I can get the intensity of light in a pendant that speakerman recommended, I think that would probably be the best way to go. Pendants solve the problem of lighting around the beam.

Partypalooza: he wouldn't let me turn the office into a 1500 gallon tank yet. For some reason he doesn't think it would be a good idea. Yeah, the rest of the house would be cramped but I don't see the problem. :)

Finishing the tank and the stand, I suppose. No point in planning stock if the tank isn't going to work xD I'm still undecided on a sump for now. I really want one, but it's hard to find a potable epoxy around here so I don;t know how much i'll have to work with

Once I get around to actually building one, I will, thanks. The different layouts confuse me. D:

Sumps are awesome. I vote you use one xD.

If you have any old spare tanks you can use?

I dont have any old ones, and i'd need a fairly big one for this. I've been scouring craigslist but there's not a lot in the size range I need that doesn't come with 4000 cichlids. :(

I've thought about the other equipment, still looking for the best brand of everything. Trying to find which is most likes, whats most liked about it, etc.

If you can find a cheap tank somewhere like maybe a 55G, that would make a good sump.

xD I know that feeling, I still spend hours every day trying to figure out the best equipment to buy.

I've been looking for a 55. Unfortunately people keep trying to sell them at higher prices with stands and hoods and fish. None of which I need :/

Back
Top Bottom