20g convert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tested salinity and found that the water is at 1.017, i added more salt and put the water into the tank to dissolve. I turned the heater to 76 (the temp was 60) to dissolve the salt faster

Salinity still at 1.017, going to pick up a koralia 425 tommarow. Do you guys think that i could grow xenia? My lights are actinic blue SolarmaxHE double bulb T5s.

Hey fishman, you thought about painting the back of the tank? I have a 10g that has a window on one side and the algae that grows from all the natural sunlight is insane! I am thinking of moving the tank. Just a thought, I do understand its a cool view from out side tho ;)

Hey fishman, you thought about painting the back of the tank? I have a 10g that has a window on one side and the algae that grows from all the natural sunlight is insane! I am thinking of moving the tank. Just a thought, I do understand its a cool view from out side tho ;)

I have already tried to do it, but have failed. My mom wont let me because when ever she has parties people just have to look at the tank from the outside and cant enjoy it from the front i guess, but barley and sunlight hits the tank.

Well the crappy lfs ( i go to 3 different lfs, the crappy one, the good one, and the petco) is the only one that has the hydo koralias (except for the good one which is moving closer to my location ATM, they are closed till friday) but they are out of the 425s and only have the 180s and everything above 425, but the 180 is 35$ and the 600 is 60$ and i am in no position to pay that much for such a little powerhead and i dont need the 600.

I am gonna order the 425 off amazon with some other stuff for another tank build. I have a Q, i have the brains and live rock sitting in a bucket with the light on top, sith the BB die at room temp? (60° ATM) salinity still at 1.017 :(

I would be more worried with the low salinity, but if you have a spare heater bringing the temp up would be good too. It's just live rock curing in a bucket right? Try and get sal up to 1.25 ;)

I would be more worried with the low salinity, but if you have a spare heater bringing the temp up would be good too. It's just live rock curing in a bucket right? Try and get sal up to 1.25 ;)

Man that's some hyper salinity haha

I have the water in the tank, i have the temp at 82, no, the live rock was in my other tank but i moved it over and its sitting in a bucket with the brains and a light on top. Tested salinity, 1.019 :D its rising but theres alot of undissolved salt at the bottom of the tank.

I don't think so, I can't remember if its fully cured rock or not or do you need to still cycle the tank it's going into? Again I would be more concerned with the low salinity than the temp. I can't remember how low it is that bb dies but I have heard if you do hypo salinity that can kill bb and that's around 1.017

I don't think so, I can't remember if its fully cured rock or not or do you need to still cycle the tank it's going into? Again I would be more concerned with the low salinity than the temp. I can't remember how low it is that bb dies but I have heard if you do hypo salinity that can kill bb and that's around 1.017

The bucket in which the live rock and coral is in is from the 37g which is at 1.023 so they are ok, i have no heater in the bucket and the live rock and coral are from my 37g. Im worried about the BB in the live rock (which is cured as its been in my other tank) will die. The 20g is at 1.019-1.020 but as i said the coral and rock is in a bucket waiting to go in. And i dont really have to cycle the 20 because i am useing seeded BB, live sand, and fully cured live rock full of BB. I am going to dose for 2 days and see what happends. If everything is good than i will gradually stock with the clowns first, the goby, and a blenny.

Ive decided no H.bass as i have found that i dont really like the pattern. Any open swimming fish suggestions? I would really enjoy 1 more fish.

I think you're close to max with 4 fish, if the goby was a neon maybe another but.......I love my starry blenny, very cool fish with attitude, recommended.

I think you're close to max with 4 fish, if the goby was a neon maybe another but.......I love my starry blenny, very cool fish with attitude, recommended.

I have a starry in my 37 and i love him to pieces! Great fish and lots of personalitie but i dont think i wont another. Maybe cut out a blenny and go with somthin else? Any suggestions? I hate neon gobys, they are really ugly and every time i see one its covered with ich. Just my personal pref though.

Two that I have are a kauderns cardinal and a blue reef chromis. Both interesting, the cardinal is calm and never bothered, the chromis is a mid tank swimmer and brings out shy fish.

Two that I have are a kauderns cardinal and a blue reef chromis. Both interesting, the cardinal is calm and never bothered, the chromis is a mid tank swimmer and brings out shy fish.

Hmmm not so hot on the banggai, like the chromis though. How much do they run for? Any other suggestions?

Guys gonna pick up the yellow watchman goby from the lfs today, i will stick him in my 10g QT until the tanks ready :D

Back
Top Bottom