20g long baseball themed tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otto99

Aquarium Advice Regular
My son has a Marigold Swordtail in a 5g tank that he's simply outgrown. Being that he's a baseball (Phillies) fanatic, I wanted to do a baseball themed tank that would be easy for him to learn to clean and take care of. It has an AquaClear 50 for filtration and I just ordered a Marineland LED hood and a heater for it. We plan to add some more community fish to it in a few weeks. I know this goes against most folk's idea of realistic looking decor, but I thought this was cool and wanted to share. Let me know what you think. The only problem I foresee is the metal springs in the bobbleheads rusting. Will that make the water acidic or anything? I can take the springs out if need be.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 377
The springs would cause an issue over time. Im not sure what those are made out of so i cant say they would be safe. All the chemicals and materials in/on it could also become issues

Add a Dale Murphy from his last year in the bigs there and I'll defend you from all forum Flames lol. That's gonna be a fun tank :)

If those were Mets players you'd be alright, great idea, just the wrong baseball team! Looks fun

Hahahahaha! Well said, I'll give you that one, or it might be on fire because of all the blazing young arms coming up through the farm system.

Ok, so I scrapped the bobbleheads in exchange for toy figures that didn't include metal. I sealed them with an acrylic non-toxic paint and cured them for a week. Also transferred the swordtail into his new home. He's really digging it so far. Will be adding some more fish soon. Here's some new pics. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389326605.740082.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389326626.889458.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389326642.394131.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389326659.902863.jpg

Back
Top Bottom