20g saltwater newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andrew McFadden said:
Saltwater master test kit or if you already have an api liquid test kit all you need is high range ph
Hydrometer
salt
base rock
live rock
Probably a bunch more thats not coming to me

I have an API freshwater test kit, however, the book does have instructions for a few saltwater test. I don't mind buying a saltwater kit. Money isn't really an issue, however, that doesn't mean I need to spend it. If I need something, I'll get it for sure!

Haha sounds good. So the freshwater test kits are good for saltwater, you just need the saltwater card because it is differant then the freshwater one. You can email api and they will send one to you, i think it costs like 2 bucks. Then you should get reef test kits.. Im searching for a good one myself so i will tell you when i get one! ;) that light is good for how cheap it is, but if you wanted to get a better one there are definitly better options! I am trying to save you money, i dont want you to think that the only way you can have a few corals is if you buy 800$ led lights. Haha

Haha, and I am extremely appreciative for that. 800 is a lot, but from what I'm seeing online, they get even more pricy than that! Well time to tuck the little one in, thanks for your help!!!

No problem! Hopefully i gave good advice, there are others on this site that could write books on saltwater tanks i kid you not.

Back
Top Bottom