20L has been upgraded to a 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tell me more about using cinnamon. I've seen it advertised for tanks but not sure what it does. Sorry if it's been discussed here already, I'm having trouble keeping up with everyone's threads including mine!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The usual antiseptic, antifungal properties. A bit strong if they're not boiled first, which I won't consider. Too many chemically sensitive critters to consider letting them go in full strength. I suppose one wouldn't affect my tank negatively, but there's going to be quite a few.

I can't cut a cone to save my life, so conifer looking moss trees are out. Shame, but I'm tired of driving myself batty trying to make things work. Back to the exasperated decision of blob on a stick. I can do blob on a stick. ? In theory.

We'll know in about two weeks whether the mystery snail eggs are viable. The hatchlings will go into the RCS 5.5g to grow out while the other tanks are cleaned up by assassins. They are going to be some fat snails by the end of three months.

I got her a new stand.... And some 10s for my breeding project.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1451450337148.jpg
    1451450337148.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 56
ooOOOOOooooo Thanks tons! I need to get the other 5.5 back up. I'm tired of replanting marislea minutia :(

I'll be changing the water on the moss again. Still no soap bubbles or rainbow film. I can't believe it didn't die after being thoroughly soaped with Dawn in an attempt to clean off the fuel. Still not taking it out of that bowl, though. It'll be a while and a ton of water changes before I decide its fit for life outside the bowl.

Plants and tank looks great, its funny how you mentioned Dawn, as I use it to clean out parts and my top glass for my aquarium and I've had no problems, hey they use it on animals when they're covered in oil!!! Maybe it's somewhat safe ???

Clem

That was exactly my thought, and I only get the good old blue. Still, after the near disaster, I'm playing it safe.

Did everyone else know bottom feeders are voracious? I just dumped (ok, lightly sprinkled) what I felt was too much food in the tank after a week of super light feeding and holy cow it's all gone between three loaches, three cories and a longfin bnp.

I'm really thinking of just going full planted on the 40, with how I've stalled out terribly trying to figure out a forest of moss trees. Also, rather annoyed with how few aquatic plants really mimic their air loving counterparts. Much better to accept things as they are and move on, I think. Still going to do the pond foam, pipe, Krylon Fusion "waterfall". Not going to gas out the house in the cold, though.

Hows them kuhlis my friend? Find any more yet? Yeah, they eat like little pigs- where do they put it all!? :confused: Someone once told me kuhlis couldn't compete with other bottom dwellers but I have never found that to be true; they'll worm their way into the frenzy.

Hows them kuhlis my friend? Find any more yet? Yeah, they eat like little pigs- where do they put it all!? :confused: Someone once told me kuhlis couldn't compete with other bottom dwellers but I have never found that to be true; they'll worm their way into the frenzy.

Nope, I've never had a problem getting kuhlis to eat. In my Endlers tank some of them regularly surface feed!

Nope, I've never had a problem getting kuhlis to eat. In my Endlers tank some of them regularly surface feed!

I know you've mentioned that (and shown pics) before but it still amazes me! I've never seen that in kuhli loaches. My botias do it all the time though :lol:

Now try and get them to handfeed! I've seen that in botias and in Caleb's dojos....

I sprinkle a pinch or break a wafer up across the whole front so everyone has the opportunity to eat. I think I'll do one feast day a week. I sprinkled granule type food across the front and the bottom feeders seriously stampeded. All clean! Hahahahaha XD I've got some Ken's wafers coming in next week. We'll see how they like them :)

Seems they like Kens wafers just fine! Got a 40 gal tub yesterday and emptied the tank for the rescape.

Put all the DW in the tank, swapped out the spray bar for an outlet tube and just spent the last four hours planting. I still need to wrap the moss to the ss mesh in the right corner. It'll look better once the dust settles, as it were.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452393376.130483.jpg

Almost ten days since an update. I was starting to get the shakes. Looking forward to seeing it when it clears up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It turned bad. There's brown gunk everywhere. Bpophoto has used all his tricks to try to clean it up, we spent forever siphoning through floss, hardly made a dent. I don't get it, yes I turned the dirt, but I drained the tank and recapped it.

I give. I don't want my poor critters living in perpetual flotsam. Friday I'll be moving everyone back into the 40g tub and cleaning out the tank entirely. I'll do a thin sprinkle of osmocote under plain black sand from Petco. I'm going to need a vaca from my days "off" redoing the tank again. Sad panda.

Oh no, what happened? What's the brown gunk?

Side note: I've been very happy with the black sand from both Petco and Petsmart.

I really don't know. I drained the tank before putting down new sand. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452728036.757916.jpg See exhibit A. It's just been a disaster since. Looks like something ate cocoa pebbles and barfed in the tank. It's that gross. We've gone through a whole roll of quilt batting trying to filter it all out.

I ripped down my first sorted tank and replace it with Eco, not a fun experience shoveling 40 pounds of nasty smelling ammonia dirt and sand. All with a little beach shovel.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's going to be "fun". I'm going to sift through the dirt and rescue as many MTS as I can, then take it out back and hose it out. This gonna huuurt

Back
Top Bottom