220 Gallon Reef-Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yah my maroon is also not very aggressive to any of my fish, he's more aggresive to my hand! That being said having a pair can make them alot more aggresive but I think they would mainly just keep the fish away from their "home" area. I couldn't see them going out of there way to beat up on another fish (unless it was another clown).

Mine didn't even go after the other clowns. Then again they could have cared less about his nem or even his little area. And the maroon was much bigger too.

Thanks for the input. Would you see any issues with the stock list I have put together?

the only concern I would have is the foxface and the hawkfish.

the hawkfish I would keep an eye on around your shrimp, as they prey on smaller shrimp/inverts. And Foxfaces are known to eat LPS and some soft corals, just depends on what corals you plan to keep. Would keep an eye on him around your clams as well.

Well I have a tentative pick up date now, May 17th. So hopefully it makes it in time.

Lol, June 17th. The old noodle is fried, haven't had an off weekend in two weeks. Got 3 days now!

Trust me, I am counting days. The furniture was built this week, but it hasn't been stained yet. Apparently the guy is backed up, and he builds for a couple weeks then stains for a couple weeks. Mine was one of the last built this month, so it will be one of the last stained. That is what I was told anyways. lol

There is nothing worse than having to wait! But soon you'll have a big beautiful tank to fill and then worry over. Lol. We are all waiting eagerly to see and enjoying the anticipation.

Lol, I hate waiting for it. The funny thing is, I am usually pretty patient building the tank. But this is almost unbearable!

Got the date set in stone, the tank will be in on the 17th, unfortunately I will not be available to pick it up until the 25th. So, mark it on your calendars, I WILL HAVE PICTURES SAME DAY, lol.

I have decided on just about everything now, so this is my list of things to buy:
250lbs. of base rock from reefcleaners
160lbs of aragonite sand from reefcleaners
SWC Xtreme 200 protein skimmer
Quite One 5000 return pump (1400gph)
PVC for the overflow plumbing
Tubing for the return pump

The biggie is lights, I think I want halides, but I am still undecided. I am in no hurry, so I am going to research a little while longer.

Getting there, I just told Mr. X I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. It is the 25th, just June, lol.

Just wait one more month and then it would be "Christmas in July" something retailers push for some extra sales in the slowest time of the year.

Greenmaster said:
Just wait one more month and then it would be "Christmas in July" something retailers push for some extra sales in the slowest time of the year.

Yup absolutely right.

Back
Top Bottom