23L Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Basefrog, thanks for the response.

Do you need to shake the bottle up once inawhile or do you dump everything in and leave it for two months?

I give it a little wiggle from time to time but don't really shake it up too much. As this would send some of the mixture up and into the tank.

One of my RCS is berried! =D Just noticed her.. Must have been the one which was saddled because I haven't seen that one for a while. I have also notice that she is alot dark in colour now.

Attachments

• SS101537.JPG
    SS101537.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 68
  • SS101538.JPG
    SS101538.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 67
Basefrog said:
One of my RCS is berried! =D Just noticed her.. Must have been the one which was saddled because I haven't seen that one for a while. I have also notice that she is alot dark in colour now.

Awesome! It's pretty cool once you start seeing little baby's crawling over everything:)

It's crazy because I have only had these just over a week haha! And I thought these were small as they are like 7-10mm. Can't wait to be a dad >.<

What do you plan on doing when your colony is huge? I was thinking about selling some to the LFS here because they charge $5.99 for RCS, it would be nice to make a few dollars on each one to fund other aquatic projects!

I hadn't actually thought that far ahead yet >.< My LFS don't buy back fish which sucks! Though I might put an add in the newspaper about selling them. Plus I was thinking of feeding some to the fish in my 30g tank.

Thanks! Good luck with that. I love your sig, a while back I caught some wild Stickleback with a fishing net and kept them :p It's something different and FREE >.<

Ok so this isn't really relevant for this tank but I am picking up a Eheim Pro II tomorrow FREE OF CHARGE! =D It's second hand and apparently it's a little leaky but probs just need a new seal. It's my Physics lecturers and he is stripping down a tank that he no longer wants. I think it's a 55g he didn't know but said it was 4ft. He asked for £60 for the lot.. Heats/Powerheads/Skimmer/Lights/Canister filter/Rocks/Stand. I would have taken it but unfortunately I have no room =(

Basefrog said:
Some of the leaves on my HC are turning black.. I think this is algae =/ What should I do?

Have you been dosing excel? I've read that it will help, but I have no experience. I usually let my algae go and then let my snails or shrimp go at it.

Hmmm well I don't know, I'll let some one more knowledgable come along and solve the mystery:)

Do you know what kind of algea it is? Can you post a pic or video?:) flourish excel does have an algeacide in it so I believe you can spot dose but be careful with your shrimp. Do you know how to spot dose?:)

I'll try and get a good picture tomorrow. I don't really feel the need to buy Excel but if push comes to shove I may have to.

Nope, how do you spot dose?

Basefrog said:
I'll try and get a good picture tomorrow. I don't really feel the need to buy Excel but if push comes to shove I may have to.

Nope, how do you spot dose?

Does it look like hair?

Get a syringe and fill with the appropriate amount of excel for you tank, turn off filter and anything else that provides a current, then just squeeze the excel all over the algea and leave for about 20 minutes, then you can turn everything back on:) do not exceed the daily dose!

Back
Top Bottom