24 & 29 galllon planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many thanks. I'm sure as many others, the pictures really don't do it justice. You can't even see the fish inside lol. Maybe I should take more pictures?? :)

We all love pictures here. The more the merrier! What is the red plant in the center? Got some nice reds on it, are you dosing co2 or ferts? Regardless, keep it up! :)

Thx guys. Me too I love planted aquariums although I have a real obsession with heavily planted tanks. Worse thing is I never remember the name of the plants so I can't remember the red one I had. I have taken more recent pics which will show I had to replace it cause I trimmed it too much. It's reds will be dearly missed but was a difficult plant to take care of. I'm injecting co2 and using some seachem products including the tabs and flourish.

Almost doing this 2 years. First tank is the all black 29g. It really was my trial and error tank but I'm still extremely happy the way it turned out. My second tank though, 24g going on 9 months really turned out well. I really took my time with it. I found the tank and stand at a renovation. It was gonna get tossed. I think the tank is from the late 80's or 90's because the plastic of the aquarium is a beige color. I had some carpenters stain the wood to a cherry mohogonay and also add some doors. I wanted to go two tone inside with some sand but I heard sand was tough against algae if u get some. When I bought my fish they had beautiful colors but now their colors are insane! They are small but incredible. I really can't get over it. The dense amounts of plants also I find really helps to allow them to hide comfortably and with ease.

Below are my recent up to date pics :)

Back
Top Bottom