24 gal arrow crab tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a 24 gal and I want to do a arrow crab tank. First question.. Is 24 large enough? Can I keep other inverts with him? (I don't really want fish) would he pick on an urchin or a shrimp? What should I use as filtration?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They don't like their shrimp cousins and might even attack a sick or slow moving fish, which you don't seem to need to worry about. They will eat anything.

24 should be fine. I would depend on weekly water exchanges, use a heater to reduce fluctuations and just try to keep the water clean with as few fluctuations as possible. Good luck!

Very few things pick on urchins, other than triggerfish which make a hobby of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I keep a arrow crab in my 37g predator tank , I have a lot of macro algae in it and the arrow crab likes to cover himself in it , they are just a cool crab fun to watch , just don't add shrimp like Gregg said or they will be lunch
no clams either he ate my cleaner clams
a urchin would be OK
as would the larger hermits he eats the small ones the bigger ones would fight him off
at least that's what Ive seen in my tank

Back
Top Bottom