.25 ammonia level wont go down!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
Have you tested some distilled water? You KNOW it has no ammonia so if you test it and get the same color as your tap water it is really zero.

Agree, between 0.25 and 0 ppm the change in color is just a tiny change in the shade.... Based on your tread, I believe that you are at 0 ppm of ammonia already.

I agree thanks Mumma I had forgotten to mention that. I had a heck of a time when I started trying to differentiate between 0 and .25 on the test. Finally I tested some spring water against the tank water and come to find out I was reading 0 ammonia the whole time. Try that and see if the colors match.

Hey, the same thing is happening to me. The lowest the ammo seems to get is . 25 ppm (since 2/2) I have a plot of my 55 gal fisheless cycle on a separate thread. I have been dosing with 4 ppm ammo every 24 hours or less, i.e when the ammo reaches .25. I don't know if it will reach zero but I don't want to starve the BB. I am going to be testing some distilled water with the ammo test kit to see what zero ammo really looks like, since distilled water contains mitering but H2O.

-rotorhead22

Sounds like ur filter isn't big enough for your tank! Maybe add another media to ur filter to grow more bacteria on it.

Back
Top Bottom