250 Gal photo log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All the seller said was, marineland has contacted its sellers and said to stop selling the 300w as there is a defect with them. Other than that i do not know, i would try contacting them to see though

It really depends dkpate... It will sufficiently heat my 150g, even with the room temp at 60, keeps the tank at a perfectly steady 78. Im sure in a room that has a higher ambient temp, it would easily heat a 200g, though once you get that big, you want at least two heaters

Well, I know I had 2 Stealths in my 75, and one was rated for 30G, and the other one for 50G (guess I should start paying attention to the watts LOL). I guess I will just have to look when I get home. Keep me/us posted on what the people e-mail you please! :)

I haven't read anything on an official recall yet but it seems to be a widespread problem. Quite a few other forums are reporting problems of electrical burning smells, faulty switches and even exploding heaters.

BEWARE!! Marineland Stealth Pro Heater

One guy actually got a response from Marineland and they are going to pay for his lost corals/fish.

Last edited:
My friend has ran a Hydor in her 20H for quite a few years. She has never had a problem with them. I don't have any first hand experience with them however.

Well, im still waiting for marineland to write back. I'm not going to freak out about it just yet, i mean, im sure other heaters have done the same thing. With something like that, there is always the chance for failure. If there is some sort of recall, then i will be more concerned.

True true, I think I'm going to look into the hydor's anyways.

As for the set up, I've got the stand completely staind and will be moving it into the house on Wednesday so that's got me anxious. I am currently winning for a 6mo old fx5 that is up in about a week so that's one step closer.

Rock cleaning stage one

Well Im trying to get over the loss of my buddy slider (blood parrot) so I started cleaning the rocks that are going in the 250. Its a huge range of rocks from black slate, slate, shale, river rock, granite and round rocks from my backyard. They have been soaking for about 3 weeks now and i just took them out to dry and did and initial scrubbing. Its not going to look super natural since there is such a wide range of rocks, but a 250 gallon tank in the living room isnt exactly natural either :) Im also hoping the driftwood will tie it togeather too.

Ive also include some pics of the rocks in my other tanks that ill be transfering over to the 250. And yes that is a cinder block. I am going to cut some 4 inch holes on all sides to cut down on weight, but i like the idea of it creating a cave. Ill place rock over the top and wood on the sides so you wont know....well youll know now :)

2010-03-28 14.24.17.jpg

2010-03-28 14.25.08.jpg

2010-03-28 14.25.29.jpg

Thanks dk, the block was my father in laws idea and as soon as he suggested it i immediately pictured it in the tank. Its gonna be interesting thats for sure.

so I finally got a response back from Marineland...

"Hello there,

No, sales have not been halted, and there is not a recall. We did run out of stock because they sold out much faster than anticipated, but other than that...you should be fine.

Regards,

Marineland"

so I finally got a response back from Marineland...

"Hello there,

No, sales have not been halted, and there is not a recall. We did run out of stock because they sold out much faster than anticipated, but other than that...you should be fine.

Regards,

Marineland"

Interesting cuz I read something somewhere that said the problems were exclusivly with the 300w heater. I think I'm going to go with 2 250w heaters and see what happens. :uhoh:

Oh man, if you could get some sort of moss to grow all over that block...ahhhh...That would be AWESOME!!! :D

Glad they aren't recalling the heaters, but I think mine is a 250w.

So the block broke while trying to put some holes in it :-( but it broke right down the center of it (lengthways) so I still have 2 little caves. I have in mind what I wanna do so well see if it can work out.

Back
Top Bottom