280g Stand Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Commercially built? I'm trying to figure out if you're building a tank stand or a house foundation

Adjustable dado blade to cut the grooves and half inch cabinet ply and liquid nails =

Doors built!

Attachments

• image-1735562460.jpg
    image-1735562460.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 123
  • image-1702747754.jpg
    image-1702747754.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 160
Looking amazing!! Don't forget to poly everything, even the inside, it'll protect everything once you go saltie

Aww crap, I just realized somethin...

The tank is drilled, I'm gonna have to cut out a notch for the plumbing, I bet my 2x4 frame is gonna be right in the way....

annnddd the first hurdle has been spotted...will our perseverent fishy friend hurdle it or straight face-plant through it...we shal see

Stand Modification Idea...

One pic shows back side of stand, other shows front view..

Think this will work...

Attachments

• image-2834418384.jpg
    image-2834418384.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2464045978.jpg
    image-2464045978.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 138
Does the plumbing actually sit up against the back of the tank? You should still be able to run a frame under the entire tank without it getting in the way that would def be a custom frame but those angles are gonna make for a lot of extra work

After looking and measuring a bit more there was a inch and half so I was able to just cut out the holes, but I did add a extra support under there.

Attachments

• image-981715235.jpg
    image-981715235.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 107
Well this is the last pic until its set up! I just got it into the house...

Attachments

• DSCN0374.jpg
    DSCN0374.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 90
LoL, Its a 100g, Yeah I thought that was pretty big when I got it, but this sitting beside makes it look miniature! I am so excited! Just gotta find me a pump that will work with the sump I have. My parents are telling me that I should be getting flood insurance for my house. HA HA!

Oh and I still have to build the canopy...but that's a project for another day!

wow! a 100g?? thats not even right. and although you need flood insurance, dont be surprised if the fire company knocks asking to borrow some water for a nearby house fire....youve only got 380 gallons of water between the 2 tanks...only

wtf?!? you know they shut Sea World down years ago right? Shamu alrready done went back to the ocean.....

Back
Top Bottom