29 gallon beginner!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey, I'm looking to start a 29 gallon fish tank w/about 5 neons and 4 glo tetras! Anyone have any suggestions on what other fish would b good for my tank?! Someone told me an angelfish would b good but I've heard it will kill my others.

An angel would work but may be a threat to the neon tetra once it's full grown. You should probably up the number of neon tetras to maybe 15 and the glo light to 6. Also you may want to look into corydoras for the bottom portion of the tank and hatchet fish for the top. I'd suggest going on liveaquaria and finding fish you're interested in and then posting them here so we can help you more

If I up the number of both does that better my chances that the angel leaves them alone?

I have a 29 gallon that I will be stocking slowly. Have you thought about a dwarf gourami? They are pretty and get along with other fish from what I am told.

Do you already have the neons? If not, you could look into slightly bigger, fuller bodied tetras that won't fit into an angel's mouth. Also, if you got the angel as a baby, quarter size or so, and let it grow out, you have a better chance of the angel not seeing the smaller fish as a food source.

I have a 29 gallon that I will be stocking slowly. Have you thought about a dwarf gourami? They are pretty and get along with other fish from what I am told.

I haven't had mine very long yet but in my 55 I have 4 Gouramis (1 Dwarf, 1 Opaline, 2 Pearl), 2 Gold White Cloud Tetras, 2 Dwarf Neon Rainbows, 1 Chinese Algae Eater (will be watching him as he grows), and 2 Bolivian Rams. So far they are all getting along swimmingly... pun intended :lol:

Thank you for the advice!! Ill do my studying n try n pick the right mix of fish! If nebody else has ne suggestions feel free to help!!!!

Back
Top Bottom