29 gallon coral reef move.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read somewhere that if you turn your light off for three days it would help in getting rid of the cyano. I did turn mine off for a couple of days and I'm only turning on the actinics at night for a couple of hours right now. I also stopped feeding my 4 line wrasse (hoping he doesn't eat all my crabs and snails) during this time. Im seeing a dramatic difference. I did start back feeding only once every other day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a blue tubbs zoa that morphed into a green color. Has anyone ever experienced this with zoas?

Thanks Hank, i was going a little nuts trying to find my blue tubbs and then i realized it morphed.

The skirt is the same but the blue turned to green.

Attachments

• 1455378927843.jpg
    1455378927843.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 82
Yes it is very interesting. Ive never seen one that completely changed color before.

Ive seen it happen before. Not sure what causes it, and it usually dont happen often.

Has anyone ever placed a small fish in their sump until it got big enough to put in the display tank?

Yes it is very interesting. Ive never seen one that completely changed color before.

Ive seen it happen before. Not sure what causes it, and it usually dont happen often.

since they get their coloring from the symbiotic algae, a changing in lighting spectrum or intensity can elicit a color change, at least that is what I have read.

The lighting has been kept low because of the agae issue i was having. Im just starting to ramp it back up.

So does that mean once my lighting is back to normal will they change there color back to the normal color.

Back
Top Bottom