29 gallon coral reef move.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most stoney corals will convert to brown algae when receiving too little light or the wrong frequency. This is a survival mode for the coral, but they can grow fine at this color. Once the light changes to more intensity and/or the right color spectrum, the brown will give away to more colorful algae. High nutrient levels can also brown corals.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The lighting has been kept low because of the agae issue i was having. Im just starting to ramp it back up.

So does that mean once my lighting is back to normal will they change there color back to the normal color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its definitely a possibility. Greg made a great point.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455751700.054401.jpg

Here is a head (16" across) of tabling acro. This one is going from brown to pink as a result of my lowering the organic load and increasing calcium as these guys gobble it up.

View attachment 284902

Here is a head (16" across) of tabling acro. This one is going from brown to pink as a result of my lowering the organic load and increasing calcium as these guys gobble it up.

I absolutely love that piece of yours! I could see it putting a serious dent in calcium in my 40 breeder! Lol

It has a twin sitting out of camera shot. That's a lot of rock to create out of seawater.

Some things grow, some grow then die, some don't make it at all. After decades I still don't fully understand why in some cases. I've just learned to enjoy what works and not beat myself up on those that don't work. Each coral is its own little world.

Thats a beautiful acro Greg. I love the color. Maybe someday i will have a nice acro growing in my tank.

Today i was cutting the bottom of the plugs on some of my frags so i could glue them to the rock and i accidently cut part of the tip of my finger and nail off. I could'nt get the bleeding to stop son i had to go down to the hospital urgent care to get it fixed up.

Attachments

• 1456608883713.jpg
    1456608883713.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 128
Picked this guy today from Petco . I think its a favites but not 100% sure. Has some hair algae around the bottom but as you can see, my clean up crew is all over it seconds after i put it in the tank. Sorry for the dirty glass.

For some reason my upload didnt take. Ill try again.

Attachments

• 1457137203970.jpg
    1457137203970.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 95
Thats a nice looking favia. I was reading up on the care of them and it doesnt seem to hard. I hope he does well in my tank.

Thats a nice looking favia. I was reading up on the care of them and it doesnt seem to hard. I hope he does well in my tank.

Nope not to picky. Medium light and flow is what mine was in I think.

Back
Top Bottom