29 gallon hardwater community.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh well, still looking then?
Well, considering how difficult it is to get fish around here (mail order is expensive and only one good LFS, one mediocre LFS and 2 big box), we're probably just going to settle for what the good LFS has.

We're thinking about a pair of bolivian rams, or just one angelfish, or a pair of cockatoo cichlids if the good LFS can get them in in a reasonable amount of time (I've been waiting for him to get multies in for 6 weeks). Other than that we're not really sure what to do for our "centerpiece" cichlid(s).

I have the same trouble. No one has anything that I want, when I'm looking for something. And the cheapest shipping I can find is around $15. Then you have to worry about the fish possibly not surviving a 3 day shipping. I haven't even seen Bolivian Rams around here for a while! In fact, I've only seen them a couple of times in the last few years. One guy had a tank of "mixed Apistos." I got my dorsigera from him. Unfortunately, it died of internal parasites. I didn't know what the problem was, and wasted time using antibiotics, which of course, didn't work. I really liked that little fish. So friendly and easy going. Keep after the LFS, as I've noticed they will tell you they'll order something, and then promptly "forget."

Yeah, I've been bugging the good LFS's owner for weeks but I guess his supplier doesnt have them- they just have every other rare african cichlid in existance. But his stuff for small community tanks is fairly limited.

My fiance and I have settled on a pair of Bolivian rams, some peppered corydoras, a bristlenose pleco and some kind of schooling fish.

I had a Bolivian, and he was reserved, yet sweet. Kind of shy, but wanted to interact. Very quiet and serene. Not hyper at all. I've had peppered cories before, and I like them. I have 3 BN Plecos right now, and I think you'd like them. They are very entertaining and interesting to watch. A good schooling fish might be some furcatas (blue eyed fork tail rainbows) or threadfin rainbows. They do well in hard water. They'd go well with the Bolivian and pleco, as those stay near the bottom, and the little rainbows stay mostly near the top.

Back
Top Bottom