29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd take an ugly tank from a swap if the transaction only lasted 47 seconds.. I've sat in the paintball supply for 47 minutes on a fill... not cool..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it is going to take that long an ugly tank would be great!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It usually takes about 5-10 minutes at Dicks Sporting Goods for a paintball refill. Depends on how busy they are. My next refill is free. They have this refill program where every 5th refill is free. Total cost for the first year has been under $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This whole ??(darkside) is tempting compared to diy. Reading what happened to bcarl and uhh uhh drawing a blank on her name Florida girl 36 gal and new 64 rimless. Don't want to gas my fish especially after being introduced to my final stocking fish.

I'd take an ugly tank from a swap if the transaction only lasted 47 seconds.. I've sat in the paintball supply for 47 minutes on a fill... not cool..

Oh don't get me wrong... I've got a nasty steel tank under my aquarium. Just saying, don't buy a pretty aluminum tank if you have to swap it. ?

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

When I buy a tank what expenses am I looking at, is it just buying a full tank for say $50 or an empty tank for less and having it filled?

I scooped a brandy new 5# off slamazon for around $60 delivered. It's $21 to fill it. I'm not positive but I think you can get in on a tank swap for a little cheaper. May have to.put a hold on a cc though??

Got a filled 5 # tank for $85 at a home brew/hydroponics shop. Called lfs I have normally been going to and they where out of kuhlies so went to a different one. Got some live black worms, 2 MTS, and 1 amano shrimp. Going to try and culture the worms for an endless food supply.

Tested regulator. 4th time of trying to seal a leak with teflon tape was a success! It was leaking where the regulator screws onto the tank on the regulator side and I couldn't get the teflon tape to stick. :dance: Now that I have jumped that hurdle the only things that I need are a needle valve and bubble counter.
Any suggestions on either of those two things or anything else I need?

It's not the thread seal,.it's the oring, i lost 2 fills that way..

Don't remember seeing an oring. Going to check right now.

there's an oring in the female attachment to the actuall tank, it needs to be lubricated after each attachment. That was my major problem anyways..

The O ring most likely dried out and came off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So lubricate with food grade grease or water?

I didn't check the tank for an oring but here is the regulator.

Food grade is good for o rings or there is a product just for o rings called lubriplate

Ok I will look into getting that.

Will the fluval drop checker work for me?

Food grade is good for o rings or there is a product just for o rings called lubriplate

I was wrong here. Lubriplate is the food grade lubricant. Parker makes the actual o ring lubricant.
Sorry.

I just used vaseline. Said to.dry out.but I've yet to see it..

Petroleum products will slowly deteriorate standard o rings.

Back
Top Bottom