29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm about to blow a gasket!!!!!!!

Testing the co2 system and everything checks out. Trying to take it apart and the *** **** bubble counter snaps. So ****ing mad right now that it's not even funny. **** AquaTek bubble counter with integrated check valve!!!!

To make things worse my DC is going blue so I would really like to run the pressurized with the diffuser for a bit.

Which is the better bubble counter?
This- http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GR...&dpID=41Q1ZlMkAiL&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SX200_QL40
Or this- http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005V...le+counter&dpPl=1&dpID=51jpQSkP5eL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure I'm ready to smash this thing with a hammer. Other people left similar reviews on Amazon, top and bottom barbs snapped

That sucks man. Sorry it happened.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nothing you could've done to prevent it. Which bubble counter did you/will you buy?

I think one comes with the aquatek premium kit. Can't remember though

Its prob the same one

Might want to consider getting a different one...I will never buy from aquatek again.

I think I'll order a spare from a different company. I think one comes with the regulated though.

Well I mixed a new diy bottle so the plants will have a little bit of co2 until the new counter arrives. Still don't know which one I will get.

Well am most likely going to go with the GLA bubble counter, and am going to order the pps at the same time.

Well I mixed a new diy bottle so the plants will have a little bit of co2 until the new counter arrives. Still don't know which one I will get.

Well am most likely going to go with the GLA bubble counter, and am going to order the pps at the same time.

LOL yea I have been following you around in the other peoples threads I'm subscribed too waiting to see what they suggest. Wish I could throw the money at the GLA regulator but I have more money in this little 20 already than the tanks the centrals are in.

At least you have a steady job to fund your tanks ;) Probably going to take the money from savings to buy the $70 worth of stuff.

Gla one is only $19.99 so think I will just get that one. $30.00 for the pps, $19.99 for check valve, $5.99 for an extra bottle, and $11 for the shipping (UPS ground)

2 votes GLA vs 1 vote other bubble counter. Gla is very $$!!

2 votes GLA vs 1 vote other bubble counter. Gla is very $$!!

I'm using the stock AQUATEK bubble counter but I have a Fluval one somewhere. The Fluval seems to be more sturdy with heavier plastic. It does not have a check valve. It has compression fittings on top. Lots of positive reviews on Amazon ($3.39).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That fluval one looks nice. I was concerned about the plastic on it though (think you can figure out why). I'm going to sleep on it and maybe have a decision in the morning.

Fluval saves me money, it's a good brand, and seems sturdy

GLA isn't plastic, has a check valve, is a good brand, and forces me to get dry ferts.

Decisions decisions.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

Ps. Just when I thought the day couldn't get much worse I find the QT has multiple pests. Planeria is back, pond snails (how they got in I have no clue), and the black worms are setting up shop in the sand. Yea my night was great! *sarcasm*

That fluval one looks nice. I was concerned about the plastic on it though (think you can figure out why). I'm going to sleep on it and maybe have a decision in the morning.

Fluval saves me money, it's a good brand, and seems sturdy

GLA isn't plastic, has a check valve, is a good brand, and forces me to get dry ferts.

Decisions decisions.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

Ps. Just when I thought the day couldn't get much worse I find the QT has multiple pests. Planeria is back, pond snails (how they got in I have no clue), and the black worms are setting up shop in the sand. Yea my night was great! *sarcasm*

2 things:
1) I think I have a spare Fluval DC that's NIB, if you want it, it's yours.
2) Your pets say your the best pet-daddy they could wish for, so all the strife is worth it just to imagine their smiling faces ☺️

PS - GLA FTW!! ?

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?
http://floridaorchidendlers.com

Thanks for the offer dee, but I realized that I don't need it until the stand is finished. I'm just going to buy it after I buy the materials to finish the stand.

Back
Top Bottom