29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is everyones opinion on the ecoxotic e series? Was offered one and wanted some feedback on it. The PAR is the same as the finnex 24/7 at 18" so that is nice.

From some videos I watched and other places on line it seems the ecoxotic is an earlier version of the finnex 24/7.

Thinking of getting a 20L from petco. I have the stand, substrate, and if I get the ecoxotic I would have the light. Would just need a filter and heater. Darn you MTS...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What is everyones opinion on the ecoxotic e series? Was offered one and wanted some feedback on it. The PAR is the same as the finnex 24/7 at 18" so that is nice.

I may be wrong but I think the par is almost double. Its 120 at 12" and 60 at 18"

From a PAR chart the ecoxotic is putting out 60 PAR at 18" and from this video, https://youtu.be/UJsYweqNtig, the PAR is ~60 at 16"
Wondering how my reds will respond to the ecoxotic if I go that route.

Ecoexotic is a solid lighting system, proven over many times.. remember Thumper828 tank??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have one on my 29 gal. I like it a lot. I need to dial my ferts and co2 in because I've developed a lot of hair algae and BBA. On my next tank I'm going to get a Finnex 24/7 and maybe a Planted Plus. But on my tank I'm happy with the Ecoxotic.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Ecoexotic is a solid lighting system, proven over many times.. remember Thumper828 tank??

Before my planted times ;) it's nice to hear that the ecoxotic is a good light.

Water change day us no fun. Not the actual water change thats annoying its the aftermath of pearling. Everything has bubbles on it- beard algae, java fern roots, and GSA on the back glass. Pearling is nice but not when everything has bubbles on it...

Weekly FTS

The Enemy

Still have to ID another type of algae I have on some of the ludwigia pedals. Its a slimy green that comes off very easily, picture a green slimy sock on pedals.
Edit-did some quick research and it sounds like its cyanobacteria. Going to post some pictures tomorrow to confirm if this is true or not.

Can anyone ID that algae in the picture from last night? I think its either fuzz algae, cladophora algae, or maybe green hair algae. I will see if it is slimy or not later today and also get a picture of the possible cyano.

Gsa, too much light not enough everything else that costs more.money;) co2 would be the end all.

I thought that GSA(green spot algae) would only form spots and not grow filaments. I'm talking about the algae on the heater and not the back glass, i know the back glass is full of GSA.

I have a nice co2 system under my tank, but its missing a bubble counter. What I may end up doing is using my diy bubble counter temporarily and run a low BPS.

Green string or hair algae, sorry..

Ah gotcha, abbreviation confusion continues. Going to try the pressurized tonight and hope it works.

Testing your phosphates?

Yup, posted a picture to get help on a # too. Post #956

4-5 ppm is where you need to be.

Back
Top Bottom