29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For those here that fish you can appreciate this picture
For those that don't that's a $200 rod I got for $80 and the reel was a xmas present. Can't wait to try it out this spring!!

For those that don't that's a $200 rod I got for $80 and the reel was a xmas present. Can't wait to try it out this spring!!

I'm vegetarian :(. Fishing is something I won't ever be able to try even though I want to, (Of course after catching the fish I'd put them back)

Congrats btw, hope you enjoyed winter break

I neeeeeeeeeed..... What brand

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I neeeeeeeeeed..... What brand

The rod is a 6'3" St.Croix Medium Action Avid and the reel is a Shimano Stradic C3000. Rod retails for $200 and the reel goes for another $200. Only thing better would probably be a G-Loomis rod which start at $200, you can get a cheap St. Croix Premier for around $100

Very nice! Didn't get to do much fishing this year, caught my first smooth dogfish though. And my boyfriend cooked me up summa this:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452053800.880793.jpg

Big ol striper....

And he's 6'4" so you can imagine how monstrous that thing was...I mean for me anyway it was the first time seeing one caught and it was off shore.
2016 goals: more fishing for all of us!

skrimp supplies! just updating things here because fresh was asking earlier. Mine sould be here Friday and I asked for First Class shipping

I love my St. Croix rods!
It's the only ice fishing rods I use. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I love my St. Croix rods!
It's the only ice fishing rods I use. ?

I have a premier and triumph, this is my first really really good one that I bought. It isn't the perfect rod for what I'm going to use it for but it'll work, I would have liked a 6'6" MH over a 6'3" M. Because I'm in a kayak I really don't need the extra strength but the length would've been nice

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Trimming the java moss was alot easier than I thought it would be. Figured I'd end up with moss all over the place but it stayed together. Moved the trimmings to the 20L, skrimps like that stuff ya know

That's nice you did not have a mess on your hands. I was picturing Edward Scissorhands and green stuff flying about.
I've not received my order from Hans yet. No, I did not create an account so who knows where it could be. Just a SS filter screen and 7 nano moss balls.

That's nice you did not have a mess on your hands. I was picturing Edward Scissorhands and green stuff flying about.
I've not received my order from Hans yet. No, I did not create an account so who knows where it could be. Just a SS filter screen and 7 nano moss balls.

Mine is somewhere between Illinois and Massachusetts with the expected delivery today. Freaking East Coast shipping curse I tell you!!

I might have to move this tank:( If my dad lets me it might go up to my room and the sw 20l will go to storage leaving just the low tech 20l and 29 in my room.

Not really feeling the forum lately. Anyone ever read Fahrenheit 451? Seems AA is turning into it lately...

I might have to move this tank:( If my dad lets me it might go up to my room and the sw 20l will go to storage leaving just the low tech 20l and 29 in my room.

Not really feeling the forum lately. Anyone ever read Fahrenheit 451? Seems AA is turning into it lately...

I love fahrenheit 451 (y) What do you mean by AA is turning into it? AA doesn't seem to have changed hardly at all besides the new members coming and some older ones leaving in my 3 years on the forum.

The censorship aspect of things. It was a really good book though.

Back
Top Bottom