29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Figured it was a leak. What has worked for me was drilling a 3/8" hole in the lid and using needle nose pliers to pull the silicon tubing through the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

1/4 inch hole was a tight fit for me, but the cap cracked down the middle. I didn't have another cap to replace it with either so I had to use it. Guess the seal wasn't the best though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

1/4 inch hole was a tight fit for me, but the cap cracked down the middle. I didn't have another cap to replace it with either so I had to use it. Guess the seal wasn't the best though

Are you using regular air line (clear vinyl) or silicone? I find that the latter is more flexible and provide a good seal.

I used the same tubing fish_wrangler on my diy co2 setup too. Just like you, I had one bottle that leaked around the tubing coming out of the cap. A little silicone applied around the tube on the inside sealed it up. If that doesn't work, looks like you need to drink another gatorade and do it again.

I used hot glue to seal it up. Was working nicely until a few days ago.

There is still a leak. When I squeeze the gatorade bottle no bubbles come out, but i cant find a leak...drinking another gatorade bottle now

For the time being I am going to by pass the bubble counter bottle, and go straight into the tank

As of this morning I was getting bubbles in the tank. Hopefully i can get the bubble counter replaced soon

A flexible glue like silicone aquarium sealant or caulking would likely serve you better. For the same reason the silicone tubing is better than the vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Tried window silicone and it didn't work. By passed the bubble counter for the time being again.

Found 2 more pond snails...i need something to combat algae so they will stay for now. One of my neons is not looking to good(see picture).

I couldn't see any more ich spots on the fish which is nice, but they still have until Sunday before I drop the temp.

My one java fern plant on the DW doesn't want to stay in place because of the flow so I am going to have to either tie it on tighter or move it.

Will upload a FTS later tonight.

Attachments

• 1417654840364.jpg
    1417654840364.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 75
There is a tiny 'bulkhead' fitting you can buy that works wonders for leaking air line holes. They're intended to be used on fuel lines for gas engines on model cars or planes, but are excellent for sealing out air as well.
I'd have to look them up again to get you the exact name, but most hobby shops should either have them or be able to order them and I'm sure you could get the online. Two to pack, not very expensive. 1/8 or 3/16 size, both will work.

I will have to try that out Fishfur, thanks!

The neon died over night :( i want able to test levels before school, but i will when i get home.

I also have to replant one elodea stem that wasnt rooted in. I did see a little root growing out the bottom though so there is hope ?

If I do get the fluval 306 canister is a spray bar necessary?

Would adding any liquid or dry ferts help me right now? All I have right now is 4 root tabs unter the wisteria and the DIY co2.

Would adding any liquid or dry ferts help me right now? All I have right now is 4 root tabs unter the wisteria and the DIY co2.

For now liquid would be fine. The lighting should dictate the ferts and CO2 and with low lighting, it might not be necessary but probably appreciated by the plants.
You are getting new lights this month/next month? I can't remember.

Yea I asked for an LED light for Christmas. It is the elive 30 inch single tract LED from the lfs that my dad went to 20 years ago.

Here is the one I think I'm getting http://elivepet.com/fish/lighting/led-module-track-light/

The owner said this was the second best he had, and I don't remember what the best one was. I put down a light for Low-medium lights so I am hoping to get one that does this

The light and a new filter are the tank related items I asked for. Hopefully I can get both, but mostly the light.

Edit: Having the second heater is nice. It is now the main one, and the fluval kicks on when the temp is around 86. Aqueon is set at 88 and the fluval 86, both of those are maxed out which probably isn't the best thing.

Thinking of cory cats now instead of the black kuhlies. Not sure though because of my substrate.

Is the flora going to be to sharp for either fish???

Yea I asked for an LED light for Christmas. It is the elive 30 inch single tract LED from the lfs that my dad went to 20 years ago.

Here is the one I think I'm getting http://elivepet.com/fish/lighting/led-module-track-light/

The owner said this was the second best he had, and I don't remember what the best one was. I put down a light for Low-medium lights so I am hoping to get one that does this

I could not find PAR data on the fixture so I cannot tell you exactly what light level it will be on a 29g. I do not know how lumens convert to low-med-high. The LEDs are modular and you can add to it as needed (up to 19 on the 30" model; comes with 6).

Back
Top Bottom