29 gallon stocking plan advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

segrayson

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am quite new to all this and I have been researching my options for quite some time. I am currently cycling a 29 gallon planted tank and am considering the following stock list:

1 Dwarf Gourami
8 Galaxy Rasboras (Celestial Pearl Danios)
8 Mosquito Rasboras
4 Julii Corys

I understand that these are pretty good community fish but I am worried as to whether or not these tiny shoaling fish will work well with the Gourami? (Do I need a pair of Gouramis or will one alone work?) I think I have the tank stocked adequately from top to bottom, but I was wondering if anyone could think of any better options--I am really open to suggestions! I want a fairly easy to care for, diverse (and brightly colored if possible) tank. Thanks!

Sarah

It sounds like a great plan, but bring your school of CPD's up to 10-12, they are fairly small and more could fit in your aquarium ;)

Also, you could bring your school of cories to 6-8, they like to be in bigger schools.

See, sometimes the DG can get 'moody' in the aquarium and Im not sure if that will effect the smaller fish, you could go with a smaller gourami, such as a honey gourami.

Welcome to AA!

If you have enough plants and other cover, there should be no problems with those fish. I would actually add a few more cories. You have the area and volume to support them.

DGs can be fine in pairs, but there's a pretty good chance that they'll fight. I would stick with the single gourami for now.

Back
Top Bottom