29g stocking compatibility question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thale342

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Currently have a 29g running filtration for ~120g. Currently I have 6 mollies, 4 emerald corys, a pair of apistos and a dwarf powder blue gourami. Doing 1/3 water changes twice weekly. I was wondering if adding a pair of Blue Rams would be compatible with the apistos.

The rams will be fine with the apistos. keep in mind to incorporate a lot of cover for them so that they can establish territory. which will allow you to see them at their best. some simple plants like hygro, java moss and crypts with drift wood or rock work will be more than adequate. you seem to have a pretty good maintenance schedule so I think you should be fine. I would love to see a photo.

the rams will be fine with the apistos. Keep in mind to incorporate a lot of cover for them so that they can establish territory. Which will allow you to see them at their best. Some simple plants like hygro, java moss and crypts with drift wood or rock work will be more than adequate. You seem to have a pretty good maintenance schedule so i think you should be fine. I would love to see a photo.

IMG_2743.jpgIMG_2709.jpgIMG_2611.jpg
IMG_2292.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2185.jpg
    IMG_2185.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 46
Hey thats NICE.!!! you are right on track get some structure going for what you have I would suggest you roll with some large river stones like white or cream color maybe like three. just a suggestion, rinse them good with plain ol water dry them with some paper towel and pop em in. whatever you choose to do I think it will be great I say use structure because you are going to see some awesome behaviors from the apistos and the rams when you get them. real nice tank keep it up. dont leave us hanging with the updates!

Back
Top Bottom