29g Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smaug21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I finally have a little time to think more about the final setup of my 29g tank. My planning has really centered around a couple of fish, 2 black skirt tetra's, a common pleco, and a albino cory that i got for free in various ways
Currently in the tank are..

-5 Aenus Cories (3 "bronze", 2 albino) did have a large albino that i got in a trade, but he hadn't looked too good scince i got him (hard to tell if he had growths, or was bloated on a stunted albino that i hadn't watched grow up so i don't really know what did him in)

-2 Large Black Skirt Tetra's

-1 Small-medium (maybe 3 inch long, not a really small fish, but small for a common pleco) Common pleco

-about 6 or so Fancy guppies (if/when they start breeding they will probably become frog food!)(they are free from my brother, who as anyone who keeps breeding guppies, has way too many)

I'm thinking to even it out i will try to get about 6 or so more tetra's and thats it. My question comes with how i am on the bioload in the long run? I know the pleco will get too big eventually, but i think he'll be ok for awhile, probably even a couple of years, but i'm concerned about his bio load. Mainly because i've seen a few other listings that have the fish without the pleco listed as good listings. I do have some plants, a weak looking Java fern and a good amount of java moss, but i'm not dosing, no CO2 and the light isn't very good or i'd have more plants, so i think it's not alot of help.

If you think the pleco is too much, i have a LFS that took the Silver Dollar i had, and will take him in, but i'd rather keep him. Mainly because i might get a 55g at some time in the future and i wouldn't mind having a largish pleco to work against the algea.

Apreciate your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom