29g tank with gourami! what else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The java fern can not be planted, it needs to be tied to a rock or wood, also could I see a pic of your gourami?? How big is he?

The java fern can not be planted, it needs to be tied to a rock or wood, also could I see a pic of your gourami?? How big is he?

It has been planted for two years like that lol. There is one on my rock thing but that's it. Ill try to get you a picture of him

He is full grown 6 inches

Its hard to get pictures of him. Had to use food to get him out of his house. I also have java moss growing in some random places. I removed it but its growing back which is fine

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

ForumRunner_20131215_150423.jpg

Wow he's pretty! I have a female ( I believe ) who is about 3 inches. Can't wait till she grows up :) ... Oh and I just heard java fern can't be planted! Mine never did well planted. Glad it works for you though :)

Wow he's pretty! I have a female ( I believe ) who is about 3 inches. Can't wait till she grows up :) ... Oh and I just heard java fern can't be planted! Mine never did well planted. Glad it works for you though :)

It can be planted provided the rhizome isn't buried. It's a hard plant to kill.

It can be planted provided the rhizome isn't buried. It's a hard plant to kill.

Haha yes it is since its still alive for me. What can't be burried? I loved mine when he was small and wish he was small again. Then sure have a personality. Are those other two plants a hardy plant? I had one with big leaves and one that was like a tallllll grass and they turned brown and to mush

I would do a school of 6 praecox rainbows. The ones you show are the boesmani and need a bigger tank. It might be a good idea to add some tall plants in there to break up li.e of sight a bit.

With the 6 rainbows and 6-7 tiger barbs also the gourami... won't it look empty? It says i am fully stocked. The picture below is what it is with the stock. I forgot to put the two trap door snails on it though. The rainbows are also called dwarf neon rainbows right?? Sorry for asking so many questions i just find fish you know LOTS about fish and i like to learn everything about them before and while i have them

Yes, the rainbows are dwarf neons. As for the tank looking empty, I doubt it. Both the barbs and rainbows are quite active schoolers so it should be teeming with activity.

Yes, the rainbows are dwarf neons. As for the tank looking empty, I doubt it. Both the barbs and rainbows are quite active schoolers so it should be teeming with activity.

Okay sounds good. Better then the 4 danios that are in there now hahaha! Are those plants hardy?

Anacharis and Water Sprite? They are very hardy and grow very quickly

Yes those ones. Okay good! That's what i need. As long as they are common and not hard to find around here I am all set to go!! Thank you so much! I will keep you posted. I want to try and buy them before Christmas if I'm able to

Question.
With the zebra danios i have now... can then stay in there? Or do they have to go? The person I was going to give them to just got more fish. I feel bad asking the petstore to take them...

Also, the gourami nor zebras eat off the bottom of the tank... neither did the lamp eyes. Will the barbs and rainbows eat off the bottom? There is always sooo much food on the bottom its horrible

Problem!!! The rainbows are $15 before tax EACH! i can't afford that! They also said the rainbows would go with zebras that i have now but not with tiger barbs... help!?

Problem!!! The rainbows are $15 before tax EACH! i can't afford that! They also said the rainbows would go with zebras that i have now but not with tiger barbs... help!?

Wow, the praecox are? That's obscenely expensive. Mine were only $6 each. If you are still wanting some in a couple months, I am going to try breeding mine. I could probably sell some to you if it's successful.

Wow, the praecox are? That's obscenely expensive. Mine were only $6 each. If you are still wanting some in a couple months, I am going to try breeding mine. I could probably sell some to you if it's successful.

If i ordered them it would be cheapervon the internet. I don't know if i can wait that long :p i also live in Canada and shipping is a lot. I think i will ask another fish store...

I said to them:
Sorry to bug you.. I was just wondering if you were going to be open on boxing day and have a sale? I have a stock picked out: dwarf neon rainbows (if they are on the list),and tiger barbs. The rainbows are quite pricey from what I have found. Zebra danios can't go with that stock can they? Thanks again, sorry for all the questions!

They said
We will be open on boxing day. Haven't decided on what to do about a sale yet. We are looking into the rainbows. They would be selling for $14.99 each. They will go with zebra danios but not tiger barbs. :)

I am going to phone another store maybe... idk and see if they have them.. if not what to do?

Back
Top Bottom