29g tank with gourami! what else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I said to them:
Sorry to bug you.. I was just wondering if you were going to be open on boxing day and have a sale? I have a stock picked out: dwarf neon rainbows (if they are on the list),and tiger barbs. The rainbows are quite pricey from what I have found. Zebra danios can't go with that stock can they? Thanks again, sorry for all the questions!

They said
We will be open on boxing day. Haven't decided on what to do about a sale yet. We are looking into the rainbows. They would be selling for $14.99 each. They will go with zebra danios but not tiger barbs. :)

I am going to phone another store maybe... idk and see if they have them.. if not what to do?

I can see where they would say the rainbows wouldn't go with the barbs. Since the rainbows are a peaceful community fish. They are however sturdy and quick. I think it would be okay to keep them together even though it's not a normal situation for them. As for what else to use, if you don't want more danios I'm not too sure offhandedly what else to put in there.

I can see where they would say the rainbows wouldn't go with the barbs. Since the rainbows are a peaceful community fish. They are however sturdy and quick. I think it would be okay to keep them together even though it's not a normal situation for them. As for what else to use, if you don't want more danios I'm not too sure offhandedly what else to put in there.

Should I trust what this guy says? I am thinking of saying... "those fish are to pricey for my price range. What would you suggest putting in with a full grown gouarmi and zebra danios? I would like a little bit of a bigger fish and a few of them (around 3 inches or so) but not a lot of money. Around $8 each is basically all I can do. Also a hardy fish" sound about right? Should i ask anything else?

Should I trust what this guy says? I am thinking of saying... "those fish are to pricey for my price range. What would you suggest putting in with a full grown gouarmi and zebra danios? I would like a little bit of a bigger fish and a few of them (around 3 inches or so) but not a lot of money. Around $8 each is basically all I can do. Also a hardy fish" sound about right? Should i ask anything else?

It doesn't hurt to ask but make sure that you point out your gourami is very aggressive. Also, don't tell them your price range as most LFS you can try to haggle a little bit and the prices aren't posted :)

It doesn't hurt to ask but make sure that you point out your gourami is very aggressive. Also, don't tell them your price range as most LFS you can try to haggle a little bit and the prices aren't posted :)

Haha that is true. I never thought of that but I am not one to ask for things cheaper... I'm to shy to say anything. I just said this to him " Hmm.. that fish is then to pricey for my price range. What would you personally recommend to go with a full grown opaline aggressive gourami and a few zebra danios? I am wanting a few bigger fish if possible, around 3 inches and colorful"

Haha that is true. I never thought of that but I am not one to ask for things cheaper... I'm to shy to say anything. I just said this to him " Hmm.. that fish is then to pricey for my price range. What would you personally recommend to go with a full grown opaline aggressive gourami and a few zebra danios? I am wanting a few bigger fish if possible, around 3 inches and colorful"

" You could consider giant danios (regular or albino), or rosy barbs."

That's the response I got. EDIT!!! I am now thinking to up my zebra danios to 8 instead of the current 4 and then get 6 rosy barbs?? Sound like a good plan? Nothing else can go in there right?

Back
Top Bottom