29gl new build tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some long hair green alge on one part of a rock but not much else

I'd say the algae on the glass is pretty normal then. I have to clear mine on every tank pretty much everyday.:)

Loving reading your thread I'm 6 weeks into my nano tank! Got a juvenile pair of clowns a fire and cleaner shrimp and 4 hermits some various corals too! Waiting a few more weeks to put in a mandarin and pipe fish! I'm water changing weekly as decided not to go for a skimmer! My tanks doing great though and all water perimeters are good! Keep up the good work
There are pictures on my profile so free feel to message me should you see or think of anything :0)

Loving reading your thread I'm 6 weeks into my nano tank! Got a juvenile pair of clowns a fire and cleaner shrimp and 4 hermits some various corals too! Waiting a few more weeks to put in a mandarin and pipe fish! I'm water changing weekly as decided not to go for a skimmer! My tanks doing great though and all water perimeters are good! Keep up the good work
There are pictures on my profile so free feel to message me should you see or think of anything :0)

I would strongly urge you NOT to get a mandarin so soon. Even the ORA ones that eat prepared foods can revert back to pods only, like mine did.

You cannot possibly have enough food in your tank for one to survive.

carey said:
I would strongly urge you NOT to get a mandarin so soon. Even the ORA ones that eat prepared foods can revert back to pods only, like mine did.

You cannot possibly have enough food in your tank for one to survive.

Don't worry Carey I'm not rushing into it quite so soon, more than aware and waiting for the pods to develop in my tank before he goes in ( at £30 Each im not risking it) Putting pods and Rotifers in weekly atm. I've been getting some great advise from my LFS I'm not going to be feeding it a prepared food so it's more natural for him! Will go through tons a week (both mandarin and pipe fish) thanks for your comment though Carey!

Animal3625 said:

How did you get on with your shrimp I tried a couple but the died really quickly. What do you keep your salt levels at? What LFS do you use?

Boolay1978 said:
How did you get on with your shrimp I tried a couple but the died really quickly. What do you keep your salt levels at? What LFS do you use?

Heya both my shrimp are doing great! There no trouble at all as for salt it's at 1.030 (friday) so just sitting on the limit, been adding RO water to bring it down so I'm expecting it to be lower than that now! I'm in Weston super mate so I use Weston marine life!

I now have a red algae growing on te inside of my glass, what would that be?

One of my clown fish is acting strange, I have a rock with lots of small long haired mushrooms and he now won't leave the rock.... Any idea?

image-2151606074.jpg

Boolay1978 said:
One of my clown fish is acting strange, I have a rock with lots of small long haired mushrooms and he now won't leave the rock.... Any idea?

Hosting maybe??? Or could just be a comfortable place for him to chill out in???

I an anemone that he is not interested in! Now my damsel is fighting him away everytine he goes near it....

I am going away for a few days, what do I do with my tank/ lights etc. the lights are controlled by switches on the hood. Will the fish be ok for a few days with no food. Any ideas what i should donee the lighting

Boolay1978 said:
Thanks, not sure what to do next!....

I've been filling my tank up with loads of corals and frags! See which work and which do not!!! I'm just waiting till I can stick my pipe and mandarin in! Then I think I shall be done???

Back
Top Bottom