2nd Time Around Fishless Cycling 120gal Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank's doing great!

Hi Z,
The tank is doing great! The fishies are happy with more room to stretch out. At first when we put them in the tank, they only swam a distance of 4 feet (the width of their previous tank). They would go 4 feet out then turn around. So funny! Finally they figured out that they would not fall off the face of the earth if they swam further!
The air bubblers are a little noisy. So I found a Rena air bubbler that is advertised to be very quiet. I'll let you know as soon as I hook it up. But I had to get something quieter for hubby.
I just sold the 75 gallon yesterday to someone that needs a new home for their lizard. Gosh, it was an awfully nice tank. But lizards need a nice place to live too.
How are your tanks going now?
:)Ann

Mine are doing great! I've put together a discus tank with 4 discus, 10 lemon tetras, 10 rummy nose tetras and 3 clown loaches. It looks great. Hae to clean one of my 75gs today. Just got back from the store, picked up another API NEXX canister filter with an extension, I love these things. I'm not happy with the Penguin HOB filter that is on the 75g I need to clean today so figured I'd go ahead and get a new system for it. Have a great Day!

I'm using petco air pumps and they are pretty quite. I had to put towels under them to buffer the vibrations. The other pump I tried was awful.

Back
Top Bottom