3 (American) gallon tank for beta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lyds001

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a small 3 American gallon/ 12 litre tank that I normally used as a quarantine tank but I recently got a 6.6 American gallon/25 litre tank for that and now have nothing to do with the old one, I don’t really want to throw it out (I wanna make I a normal fish tank). Can I put a beta in there or is that too small? If it is too small then what would you suggest, I mainly want to keep it freshwater tropical (no schooling fish). I’ve always wanted a beta fish but I don’t know if I have a big enough tank. Here is a picture of it when I first got it, I had two baby goldfish in it, don’t know if I helps but this is what it looks like I guess... (my 7 year old cousin wanted to pick out the decorations, can you tell )
Thanks for any suggestions/advice,
Lyds

Attachments

• 31A6948E-4CF8-4920-B241-44E2338749B5.jpg
    31A6948E-4CF8-4920-B241-44E2338749B5.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 33
Yes! I'd get a short tail betta for it though. Might have to take out some of the plastic plants(their fin are fragile)keep the bridge and gravel. Make sure its cycled, has a filter and a heater set it at 80 degrees. And low flow for filter. Cute tank!

Thanks for the quick response, those plastic plants are no longer in the tank, I have some floating plants and a tropical plants with big leaves. The filter might still have medicine in it as it was a quarantine tank, shall I just do loads of water changes or buy new sponges and cycle it all over again?

If your other tank is cycled you can take from that one. What I do with my hang on the back filters is take the cartridge out of the cycled tsnk and shake it out in the water or in the back of a newer filter and it's cycled within a day or two. Might have to do it a few times. But with a little tank, won't take must. You can use the sponges you have. Just test the water for a few days. Make sure your nitrate is good and no ammonia and no nitrite.

Back
Top Bottom