30 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thought I'd go for a build thread even though it probably isn't as when I bought the tank the guy failed to mention he would be leaving me with a million hybrid cichlids! lol.

So it's a juwel 125 with stand and came with the internal filter box.

Picture 1: First day I'd received it and filled it up to save the little guys who were all in about 2inches of water.

Picture 2: A few of the hybrids.

Picture 3: Moved some of the plants around and got some columbian tetras and took some of the hybrids to my LFS or swap shop! He's a good guy.

Picture 4: I'm a poor guy so opted for the sun sun 1400 instead of the internal juwel box but so far it's running well. Has a UV light in it as well all for less than £60 new!

Picture 5: My GF and he family treated me to this sick t5ho light unit also from allpondsolutions, only £79.99 all in and it chucks out the light for my swords!

Picture 6: A couple of months in got rid of the driftwood and treated myself to some sumatra wood from aqua essentials.

Picture 7: Found some nice weeping moss to attach to try and get a mature natural feel.

Picture 8: 4 months in and all my algae has gone and the tank seems to be thriving!

Not bad for a low tech tank eh? :)

Equiptment:

Juwel Rio 125 tank and stand.
Sun Sun 1400 External Canister Filter
All Pond Solutions T5HO Light Unit
Juwel 200w Heater
Newave 750 - 1400 lph wave maker

Dose:
Seachem Excel Carbon one cap a day
Seachem Flourish one cap a day

I also opted for the black background and rather than painting it I bought a big black sheet of foam from rymans and it worked a treat!

So now you've got rid of some of the hybrids , what are you going to stock it with?

Its got a few bits in it already, german blues, peacocks, tetras, hatchets and corys

Its great mate, only been running about 4 months but quiet, good flow and loads of media room, i bought quite a big one for my 125 but you can never have enough, plus im probably a tad overstocked so its all good

also mine is actually branded as allpondsolutions not sun sun but i believe its a chinese firm called sun sun who makes them under all these different names, plus parts are cheap as hell

steg22 said:
also mine is actually branded as allpondsolutions not sun sun but i believe its a chinese firm called sun sun who makes them under all these different names, plus parts are cheap as hell

Oh OK. IM thinking of buying one off of eBay. Its going on my 90 but it has the filter capacity for up to 175 lol. I love having more filter capacity than i need :)

Back
Top Bottom