30 Gallon Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swiler123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a new 30 gallon and i want a community tank all i want is one angelfish then u guys tell me what else i should get.

Fish man out!

It is good to have two angels - a dude and dudet. try to get older angels and look for taller foreheads - those are the guys. after your angels, maybe get some tetras - black, lemon, other larger tetras, NOT NEON TETRAS - they will be eaten. don't get plecos, most of them get to big. Otos are out, since half of them die right off the bat. a red tailed black shark is good, although they need hiding places.

Be careful on going by the taller forehead rule my female angel has a bump on her forehead at first I thought she was my male but its my breeding pair and I've seen her lay eggs. So a higher forehead does not garentee a male. Also it doesn't matter you can keep two male or two females or male and female. But a male and female if paired will harass all other tank mates I had to move my pair to a separate tank bc they were so bad angels can live by themselves and be perfectly happy the only time you need a male and female is if you are wanting to breed and then they are usually better off by themselves. I've had angels that prefer to be the only angle in the tank the will attack any others male or female, but I've had others that could care less but never any that have suffered from being alone. I've heard GBR do well with angels. You just have to watch out for your fin nippers. I've had cory cats plecos and danios with mine. Sword tails are good with angels.

Sent from my Xoom using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom