30 gallon vivarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks awesome, hope I can do something similar when I redo my dart viv

Thank you. Such a great hobby to bring my 2 favorite things together. Plants and animals. Always nice to show off my hobby and give others ideas.

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tough guy checking out his new plants. I have to get his pass on any changes to his turf.1392268810150.jpg

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

Turbo rushing for an early bird special.
1392268947304.jpg
Found a great spot that serves a calcium platter.
1392269076202.jpg

Unfortunately that is my old set up. My new one is much more complex and filled in. I wish this site would let me post more pictures. But I have 2 fb toads, Michigan tree frog, anole and betta. Plus 2 land snails and an apple snail. Before you think i should not mix species, i feel with adequate space and proper care and species it is possible. All mine have been together almost 2 years and they all get along basking and feed together side by side. I must admit that is my second betta, not sure if the first died naturally or frog attack. But other tjan that they are very happy, active and well taken care for.

I have a thirty gallon and I think I'm gonna do something like this but I'm gonna add qb ago man anole and African dwarf frog and maybe a long tail lizard but I'm gonna wait till I got to repticon because I might get something there

Sounds good. Just make sure you take the time to get the habitat right the first time.

Would you mind describing what you changed and why you changed the design in your tank because I'm doing a 30 gallon build like that. With fish and animals mixed together so if love to know what I could do better the first time. Thanks

Nice job. Might I suggest a photobucket account? They are free and then you can post lots of pictures.

I made 2 underground caves with viewing windows on the side and front to see them in the caves. (toads love the caves) and it is funny when they watch my fish tank next to them from the underground viewing window. But i also added a couple more ledges with overhangs and walkthrough caves. Also added some drift wood that mimics a tree. I found a unique log that when sawed in half length wise made a perfect planter that is placed above water area to look as tree is growing out of water with plants growing from owl hole in log. Its not real owl hole. Looks like old branch that rotted out to make great planter and natural look with cool wood grain also. Plus many new plants on land and water. I would recommend to any one who loves nature and wants a fun always changing hobby then a viv is what you need. I have seen many reptile and amphibian setups that are generic and bare, when you watch their critters they are not nearly as happy and active as a full blown growing setup. My critters are always on the move hunting, socializing, or exploring new plant growth.

Back
Top Bottom