300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol,..... no worries , ...after awhile I started tossing out all my receipts so I'd never know what I had invested in my tank lol,....scary huh ?

He is doing well. About 3" long now. Super fast swimmer. Because he's a surge zone tang, I cranked up the recirculating in the tank so it's like a washing machine. He loves it.

I actually ran across one of those guys at a LFS about a month ago. I just stared at it in awe of how beautiful it was. I almost pulled the trigger, but thankfully I knew better. It wouldn't have ended well between it and the purple/powder brown.

You were right. They don't seem to play well with others. I have to think of my current tang population. But he may end up in a tank with others he cannot harm. Can't pull the trigger yet, but a 8' long shallow tank with a surge system might be cool. A lot of cool things live in that zone. The clown tang is certainly spectacular and may be worth the trouble. They generally don't eat good, but I've had Bozo about three years now.

Totally cool ! I think he'll like it ..... as you so know , watching the fish in that surge zone on the reefs is remarkable to say the least . Nice job adapting it your home aquarium

I agree there Greg. I think this is a fish that typically isn't talked about when it comes to specific needs, like say a mandarin with pods, but at the end of the day clown tangs aren't discussed often when it comes to what exactly they need...which is almost a solo species tank.

Hey. Greg !!! Yup ,still hanging here ,.... just been really busy at work these days and haven't posted too much lately ,... I wish I had the room etc to make a greg surge zone ,.... heading for the big island in something like 35 days or so,..laura and I will head over to " two step " and snorkel around there ,I love watching the fish in the surge area ,...totally awesome !! Hope All's well !!!

300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

I threw up a sketch like that on rc and got boo'd off stage. I'm still here for what it's worth;) what happens when those power heads need a good cleaning? Abandoned for the acro?

I operated a dump bucket like this in a horizontal turf scrubber for 20 years. It is a super stable design that doesn't need power heads. I've found that sharing ideas on the internet can be less than rewarding. But in the end, I grow things they can't grow and for decades. If I design something, it's for long term stability and durability. Part of the work I do rubs off on the hobby. But ideas like Bozo's tank are just sketches. I'm sure i'm copying something I've seen before.

Back
Top Bottom